Internal Error - Windows XP Service Pack 3

jojo

Internal Error - Windows XP Service Pack 3
Please could someone assist me - I have followed all the on-line instructions
but still have no joy. When I try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3 I get
'An Internal error occurred'. Error Code 0x87FF054F.

I checked the Svcpack.log file as per article 949384 but none of the causes
come up.

What next?
TaurArian

Re: Internal Error - Windows XP Service Pack 3
jojo wrote:
:: Please could someone assist me - I have followed all the on-line
:: instructions but still have no joy. When I try to install Windows
:: XP Service Pack 3 I get 'An Internal error occurred'. Error Code
:: 0x87FF054F.
::
:: I checked the Svcpack.log file as per article 949384 but none of the
:: causes come up.
::
:: What next?

Have a look at this article:

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack
3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Re: Internal Error - Windows XP Service Pack 3
How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack
3:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

The free unlimited installation and compatibility support for WinXP SP3 has
been extended (but certainly not indefinitely) beyond the original 14 April
2009 cut-off date. Open your browser to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3

jojo wrote:
> Please could someone assist me - I have followed all the on-line
> instructions but still have no joy. When I try to install Windows XP
> Service Pack 3 I get 'An Internal error occurred'. Error Code 0x87FF054F.
>
> I checked the Svcpack.log file as per article 949384 but none of the
> causes
> come up.
>
> What next?

jojo

Re: Internal Error - Windows XP Service Pack 3
Hi "TaurArian"

Thanks for the advice - I had read through that article and tried all the
suggestions. I have got direct to Microsoft for assistance.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> jojo wrote:
> :: Please could someone assist me - I have followed all the on-line
> :: instructions but still have no joy. When I try to install Windows
> :: XP Service Pack 3 I get 'An Internal error occurred'. Error Code
> :: 0x87FF054F.
> ::
> :: I checked the Svcpack.log file as per article 949384 but none of the
> :: causes come up.
> ::
> :: What next?
>

> Have a look at this article:
>
> How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack
> 3
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
> or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

jojo

Re: Internal Error - Windows XP Service Pack 3
Hi Robear

Thanks for trying to help. I ended up emailing Microsoft for help.

Jo

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack
> 3:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718
>
> WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
>
> The free unlimited installation and compatibility support for WinXP SP3 has
> been extended (but certainly not indefinitely) beyond the original 14 April
> 2009 cut-off date. Open your browser to
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
> Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> jojo wrote:
> > Please could someone assist me - I have followed all the on-line
> > instructions but still have no joy. When I try to install Windows XP
> > Service Pack 3 I get 'An Internal error occurred'. Error Code 0x87FF054F.
> >
> > I checked the Svcpack.log file as per article 949384 but none of the
> > causes
> > come up.
> >
> > What next?

TaurArian

Re: Internal Error - Windows XP Service Pack 3
Hi jojo, when you get a response from MS that actually works, please post it
here so it will help others.

TA

jojo wrote:
:: Hi "TaurArian"
::
:: Thanks for the advice - I had read through that article and tried
:: all the suggestions. I have got direct to Microsoft for assistance.
::
:: "TaurArian" wrote:
::
::: jojo wrote:
::::: Please could someone assist me - I have followed all the on-line
::::: instructions but still have no joy. When I try to install Windows
::::: XP Service Pack 3 I get 'An Internal error occurred'. Error Code
::::: 0x87FF054F.
:::::
::::: I checked the Svcpack.log file as per article 949384 but none of
::::: the causes come up.
:::::
::::: What next?
:::
:::
::: Have a look at this article:
:::
::: How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP
::: Service Pack 3
::: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718
::: --
:::
::: Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no
::: warranties
::: or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

jojo

Re: Internal Error - Windows XP Service Pack 3
Hi again

Still no joy - response from MS didn't work. Now having extra problems due
to SP3 not being installed.

Jojo