sp2 failure

willem the beginner

sp2 failure
i need servicepack 2 for a special application.The installation however is
cut off at the end of the installation procedure with the message that there
is 'a language conflict'. I tried english and dutch, but both varieties end
with the same remark. Any idea??
Shenan Stanley

Re: sp2 failure
willem the beginner wrote:
> i need servicepack 2 for a special application.The installation
> however is cut off at the end of the installation procedure with
> the message that there is 'a language conflict'. I tried english
> and dutch, but both varieties end with the same remark.
> Any idea??

Not with that description of the supposed issue.

You say you need "service pack 2" <- for what?
You say this is for a "special application" <- what specific application?

So - pretend (this is actually fact - but we'll just pretend) that we cannot
see your computer, your needs, etc through this newsgroup without you
telling us exactly what you see/need/etc.

Tell us some details that will make it easier for us to help you.

What Operating System are you running? Your operating system has a first
name... It's Windows. Your operating system has a last name... It's
_______?

What Service Pack is your operating system running?

[ Easy way to get those two bits of information:
Start button --> RUN --> type in:
winver
--> Click OK.

The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
(Operating System name) while the line starting with the word "version"
will
give you the rest of the story. Post both in response to this message
verbatim. ;-) ]

What is the "Service Pack 2" you are referring to for (what product?)

What is the "special application" you are trying to install? What do their
technical support people/FAQs web page/forums say?

Is it plausible (I know it is possible) for you to give the exact error
message verbatim that you get when trying to install the "service pack 2"
for whatever? Also explain in what manner you are attempting to install
said "service pack 2"...

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: sp2 failure
HOW TO get a computer running WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
(after a clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5afa8ed33e121c

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP SP1(a) fully patched (after a clean
install)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...66ae41add7dd2b