Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista Ultimate Language Packs

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-23-2009
Kumori
 

Posts: n/a
Vista Ultimate Language Packs
Hello,

I have just gotten my computer upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate recently,
and I am needing to install one language pack for some friends who are coming
over. I've tried countless times to download it, but it won't install. Gets
half way done and then cancels or finds an error.

The error code is number 2, and I have tried downloading the extra update
that it says to download in the help, but it then says "This update does not
apply to this computer."

My operating system is x86.

The language pack I am trying to install in the "Norwegian Language Pack
Bokmål", but, as said earlier, it won't install. Is there anything else I
need to do?

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-23-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Ultimate Language Packs
[[Forwarded to Vista General newsgroup via crosspost for OP's convenience]]

Kumori wrote:
> I have just gotten my computer upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate
> recently,
> and I am needing to install one language pack for some friends who are
> coming over. I've tried countless times to download it, but it won't
> install. Gets half way done and then cancels or finds an error.
>
> The error code is number 2, and I have tried downloading the extra update
> that it says to download in the help, but it then says "This update does
> not
> apply to this computer."
>
> My operating system is x86.
>
> The language pack I am trying to install in the "Norwegian Language Pack
> Bokmål", but, as said earlier, it won't install. Is there anything else I
> need to do?
>
> Thanks for your help.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2009
Anthony Baratta
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Ultimate Language Packs
hi

are you installing language pack via windows update site?

if so first select check for available updates - it will scan your system.
then only select 1 (check box) update to install at a time

also temporarily disable Defender - tools/options - real Time protection
options

uncheck - Internet Explorer Downloads, Application Execution, Application
Registration

might require restart

regards




"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [[Forwarded to Vista General newsgroup via crosspost for OP's convenience]]
>
> Kumori wrote:
> > I have just gotten my computer upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate
> > recently,
> > and I am needing to install one language pack for some friends who are
> > coming over. I've tried countless times to download it, but it won't
> > install. Gets half way done and then cancels or finds an error.
> >
> > The error code is number 2, and I have tried downloading the extra update
> > that it says to download in the help, but it then says "This update does
> > not
> > apply to this computer."
> >
> > My operating system is x86.
> >
> > The language pack I am trying to install in the "Norwegian Language Pack
> > Bokmål", but, as said earlier, it won't install. Is there anything else I
> > need to do?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2009
Kumori
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Ultimate Language Packs
I am updating via the Windows Update applet in the control panel.

I've set it to download the language pack alone, but it won't go.

I have Windows Defender turned off permanently, and in place I have Norton
Internet Security 09.

As for the updates, everytime I try one of them, it fails. But do you mean
that if I set it to download each one, one at a time, all 48 of them, it
should fix my language pack problem? If so, I'm going to try it now.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

"Anthony Baratta" wrote:

> hi
>
> are you installing language pack via windows update site?
>
> if so first select check for available updates - it will scan your system.
> then only select 1 (check box) update to install at a time
>
> also temporarily disable Defender - tools/options - real Time protection
> options
>
> uncheck - Internet Explorer Downloads, Application Execution, Application
> Registration
>
> might require restart
>
> regards
>
>
>
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > [[Forwarded to Vista General newsgroup via crosspost for OP's convenience]]
> >
> > Kumori wrote:
> > > I have just gotten my computer upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate
> > > recently,
> > > and I am needing to install one language pack for some friends who are
> > > coming over. I've tried countless times to download it, but it won't
> > > install. Gets half way done and then cancels or finds an error.
> > >
> > > The error code is number 2, and I have tried downloading the extra update
> > > that it says to download in the help, but it then says "This update does
> > > not
> > > apply to this computer."
> > >
> > > My operating system is x86.
> > >
> > > The language pack I am trying to install in the "Norwegian Language Pack
> > > Bokmål", but, as said earlier, it won't install. Is there anything else I
> > > need to do?
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vista language packs ultimate bill_s microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 07-07-2008 21:06
Vista Ultimate Language Packs + SP1 Pedro Llauri microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sonstiges 7 04-10-2008 15:38
Vista Ultimate and Language packs coverage Ultimator microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 2 12-10-2007 02:16
Vista Ultimate Language Packs Iain microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 10-16-2007 02:06
Language Packs for Windows Vista Ultimate =?Utf-8?B?bHVjYQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 03-01-2007 12:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:05.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120