Problems with automatic update

Fehlende Datei wordret.msi

Problems with automatic update
It doesn't work correct. If I go over Windows Update I can see 3 security
Updates for download (with 0 KB in 0 Minutes ???) and if my system want's to
install ist, all is broken and the error message comes : installing failed -
what's happen with the windows updates - All the ├╝past years I didn't have
any or such of these problems !!!
Please take a look to your Windows updates - it doesn't work correctly !!!
Fehlende Datei wordret.msi

RE: Problems with automatic update
I have screens of this errors but I can't send them - why can't I do any
attachments here for the posts?
This 3 files doesn't work:
KB 960803
KB 956802
KB 951748
I work with Windows XP Prof.
It makes me angry, if I search for windows updates and this 3 files ever
comes again, which doesn't work correctly!
Shenan Stanley

Fehlende Datei wordret.msi wrote:
> It doesn't work correct. If I go over Windows Update I can see 3
> security Updates for download (with 0 KB in 0 Minutes ???) and if
> my system want's to install ist, all is broken and the error
> message comes : installing failed - what's happen with the windows
> updates - All the Řpast years I didn't have any or such of these
> problems !!!
> Please take a look to your Windows updates - it doesn't work
> correctly !!!

Fehlende Datei wordret.msi wrote:
> I have screens of this errors but I can't send them - why can't I
> do any attachments here for the posts?
> This 3 files doesn't work:
> KB 960803
> KB 956802
> KB 951748
> I work with Windows XP Prof.
> It makes me angry, if I search for windows updates and this 3 files
> ever comes again, which doesn't work correctly!

The size and time for the download is because they have already been
downloaded to your system. Therefore there is 0KB to be downloaded and to
do that it will take 0 minutes. Pretty simple.

This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup. You are a user of the product, I am a
user of the product. I am not having the trouble you are having. The
problem is your machine - you need to look at your machine, it doesn't work
correctly.

You can send attachments - depending on the news server you have been setup
to use and how you are setup to use it - if you are using a web interface -
you may be unable to do this because of your choice of *how* to access said
news server.

Those are not "files" - but knowledge base articles with patches associated
with them - downloads which may contain many files in an executable as well
as assorted registry changes and so on.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960803
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956802
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951748

Not being able to install these three updates because of a problem with your
system makes you angry, eh? You must be easily irritated. *grin*

Cleanup, update and repair most potential issues with your Windows XP update
system... Follow the following instructions:

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Reboot.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\net stop wuauserv
--> Click OK.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\wups2.dll
--> Click OK.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\net start wuauserv
--> Click OK.

.... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive. After saving it to the root
of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

Reboot.

Reboot.

Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer and
visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a CUSTOM scan...
(Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.)

(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot again.

time.

against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones for
now. I would completely avoid the Optional Hardware updates. Depending
on the speed of your machine - you may want to avoid Internet Explorer 8
for now as well.

Come back - let us know if that worked.
.... Really - come back and let everyone know if that worked.

** If it seemed to have failed, do this: **

Check the status of these two services:
- Automatic Updates
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK. In the list of
services, find those two, right click on them one at a time and choose
properties. In the Startup type list, what is each of them set to?

Report that here.

Then:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type: %windir%\windowsupdate.log
and then click OK.

Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate any error
code(s) or explanation as to why the page cannot be displayed.

You can copy/paste the last 50 or so lines here...

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: Problems with automatic update

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the "Consumer IE queue" (which is
47830).

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Fehlende Datei wordret.msi wrote:
> I have screens of this errors but I can't send them - why can't I do any
> attachments here for the posts?
> This 3 files doesn't work:
> KB 960803
> KB 956802
> KB 951748
> I work with Windows XP Prof.
> It makes me angry, if I search for windows updates and this 3 files ever
> comes again, which doesn't work correctly!

<paste>