Automatic Update Prob

vicric

Automatic Update Prob
Old Pc wont update, Have followed instructions and the automatic update
service at c:\windows\system32\svhost.exe -k netsvcs remains stopped with an
error number 1058
any ideas please
MowGreen

Re: Automatic Update Prob
See if these MSKBs help to resolve the error:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838428
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896224

Unfortunately, the 1058 error that occurs when the Automatic Update
service attempts to run is most often associated with malware.

Using Internet Explorer, see if the system can be scanned here:

IF malware is detected, then strongly suggest you post to a reputable
anti-malware forum for further guidance:

http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5

*Please* read the guidelines of the forum of your choice prior to posting.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============
vicric wrote:

> Old Pc wont update, Have followed instructions and the automatic update
> service at c:\windows\system32\svhost.exe -k netsvcs remains stopped with an
> error number 1058
> any ideas please

Re: Automatic Update Prob
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075