i cant update after reformat

alan

i cant update after reformat
I keep receiveing this issue when i update. i just reformat my laptop but i
couldnt update. please help. thanks

[Error number: 0x80072EE2]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
0x80072EE2) yourself.

TaurArian

Re: i cant update after reformat
alan wrote:
:: I keep receiveing this issue when i update. i just reformat my
:: laptop but i couldnt update. please help. thanks
::
::
:: [Error number: 0x80072EE2]
:: The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page
:: you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you
:: solve the problem. For self-help options:
::
:: Frequently Asked Questions
::
:: Find Solutions
::
:: Windows Update Newsgroup
:: For assisted support options:
::
:: Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
::
:: Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error
:: number 0x80072EE2) yourself.

Error 0x80072EE2 is: ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT
Translation: The request has timed out.

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

If the above doesn't help, post back with more details like what Operating
System you have including SP level etc.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Shenan Stanley

alan wrote:
> I keep receiveing this issue when i update. i just reformat my
> laptop but i couldnt update. please help. thanks
>
> [Error number: 0x80072EE2]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page
> you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you
> solve the problem.

<snipped>

Start button --> RUN (no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your
keyboard) --> type in:
winver
--> Click OK.

The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
(Operating System name) while the line starting with the word "version" will
give you the rest of the story. Post both in response to this message
verbatim. ;-)

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Reboot.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\net stop wuauserv
--> Click OK.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\wups2.dll
--> Click OK.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\net start wuauserv
--> Click OK.

.... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive. After saving it to the root
of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

Reboot.

Reboot.

Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer and
visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a CUSTOM scan...
(Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.)

(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot again.

time.

against the "Windows Search" one amd any of the "Office Live" ones for
now. I would completely avoid the Optional Hardware updates.

Come back - let us know if that worked.
.... Really - come back and let everyone know if that worked.

** If it seemed to have failed, do this: **

Check the staus of these two services:
- Automatic Updates
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK. In the list of
services, find those two, right click on them one at a time and choose
properties. In the Startup type list, what is each of them set to?

Report that here.

Then:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type: %windir%\windowsupdate.log
and then click OK.

Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate any error
code(s) or explanation as to why the page cannot be displayed.

You can copy/paste the last 50 or so lines here...

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: i cant update after reformat
Assuming WinXP:

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
after a clean install
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5afa8ed33e121c

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP SP1 or SP2 fully patched after a clean
install
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...66ae41add7dd2b
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/