Win XP Pro SP3 never ends its run during manual update

Mark

Win XP Pro SP3 never ends its run during manual update
My system never ends its run when I do a manual MS update check. It logs on
and asks if I want to check for updates, I clik yes and then it just runs and
runs, hours long without ever concluding. I was in chat with someone from MS
and they even took control of my system but were unable to get it to finish.
Anyone have a solution for me?
Jerry

Re: Win XP Pro SP3 never ends its run during manual update
Check out AutoPatcher http://www.autopatcher.com/forums/ and see if it
helps.

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsF9C2D0D-6242-4671-81B2-266A65F01E36@microsoft.com...
> My system never ends its run when I do a manual MS update check. It logs
> on
> and asks if I want to check for updates, I clik yes and then it just runs
> and
> runs, hours long without ever concluding. I was in chat with someone from
> MS
> and they even took control of my system but were unable to get it to
> finish.
> Anyone have a solution for me?

Re: Win XP Pro SP3 never ends its run during manual update
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075