> It's Parfond back again. I put the email name in the heading which didnot
> show up in this posting. The address is "APAC Global Consumer Support".
"APAC Global Consumer Support" is NOT an e-mail address at all! It is
a "friendly" descriptive name which the sender (real or not) can choose
from e-mail to e-mail. To see the REAL e-mail address in Office
Outlook, do this (I am not sure of the similar procedure in "Outlook
Express" and "Windows Mail"):
1. Open the message (as text only to be safe!)
2. On the menu in the message window select View, Options...
3. In the dialog there is a field name "Internet Headers"
4. The full content of this field is what some people ask for if they
ask you for the "Full headers" of an e-mail.
5. In this field find the line that begins "From: ", the rest of that
line is the proper "header From: address".
6. In this same field, find the line that begins "Return-Path: ", the
rest of that line is the proper "envelope return address"
7. To further check where the mail is coming from look at all the lines
that begin with "Received: ", starting from the top. This is a
backtrace of how the mail reached your computer, with each mail server
and virus scanner on the way adding another one to the top of the field.
There are many guides on the Internet explaining how to read and
understand these lines.
Jakob B°hm, M.Sc.Eng. * firstname.lastname@example.org
* direct tel:+45-45-90-25-33
Netop Solutions A/S * Bregnerodvej 127 * DK-3460 Birkerod * DENMARK
* tel:+45-45-90-25-25 * fax:+45-45-90-25-26
Information in this mail is hasty, not binding and may not be right.
Information in this posting may not be the official position of Netop
Solutions A/S, only the personal opinions of the author.