windows vista

Linda

windows vista
i am running windows vista . I was having problems about a month ago with
update 963027 - I finally uninstalled it and things were working great. Last
night the windows update installed IE8 and a couple other updates - now I
keep getting the message "windows cannot display the page" . And now when I
go into check windows updates I get the error message 80072EFE .. any
suggestions? I read one was to uninstall IE8 - but then I can't reinstall IE7
with no internet??
G. R. Woodring

Re: windows vista
You should post your full Windows Vista version including service pack and the
most recent updates that have been installed.

Don't try to use a restore point unless an MVP here recommends it after
reviewing the above and any other information he asks for.

The IE8 installation saves your current configuration ,unless you have done
something unusual, removing IE8 through "Add and Remove Programs" should return
you to IE7.

--
G. R. Woodring

Date: 5/20/2009 11:13 PM, Author: Linda Wrote:
> i am running windows vista . I was having problems about a month ago with
> update 963027 - I finally uninstalled it and things were working great. Last
> night the windows update installed IE8 and a couple other updates - now I
> keep getting the message "windows cannot display the page" . And now when I
> go into check windows updates I get the error message 80072EFE .. any
> suggestions? I read one was to uninstall IE8 - but then I can't reinstall IE7
> with no internet??

Ǝиçεl

RE: windows vista
Hello Linda,

MS09-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/963027>

Article ID: 963027 -
Last Review: May 8, 2009 -
Revision: 2.0

How to obtain help and support for this security update

the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
International Support Web site:
<http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4>

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting
the following Microsoft Web site:
<http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552>

your usual support contacts.

0x80072EFE -2147012866 ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED

In most cases, these messages are temporary or short-lived issues that are
caused by very slight interruptions in communications between the computer
that is being updated and the Windows update servers. These issues are
generally self-healing. So, before you try the troubleshooting methods in
this article, please exit the Windows Update site, wait 10 to 15 minutes,
start Windows Update again, and then check for updates. You can also let
Windows Automatic Update install the updates on its usual 24-hour cycle.

Source:
Article ID : 836941
Last Review : July 23, 2008
Revision : 23.0
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941/en-us>
-=-
The error number 0x80072EFE is new to Microsoft Update.
<http://www.electrosonics.net/technotes/xperror0x8024402C.htm>

Ǝиçεl
-=-