Windows update (.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack) not installed

Frank Marousek

Windows update (.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack) not installed
Running Windows XP Pro SP3.

When I run Windows Update, it says I need to install the following 2
updates:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
(KB928366)

I click on Install Updates... and get:

The following updates were not installed:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86

I click "check your update history"... then click on the red X next to the
update... and get:

Error Code: 0x8007064C

I have tried to install this repeatedly with the same results. Looking for
advice on how to proceed.

JS

Re: Windows update (.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack) not installed
Error code when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update
Web site to install updates: "0x8007064C"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958055

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com

"Frank Marousek" <frank@n-c-systems.com> wrote in message
> Running Windows XP Pro SP3.
>
> When I run Windows Update, it says I need to install the following 2
> updates:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
>
> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
> (KB928366)
>

> I click on Install Updates... and get:
>
> The following updates were not installed:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
>

> I click "check your update history"... then click on the red X next to the
> update... and get:
>
> Error Code: 0x8007064C
>

> I have tried to install this repeatedly with the same results. Looking for
> advice on how to proceed.

Re: Windows update (.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack) not installed
What JS said.

If still no joy...

1. Before doing anything else, write down the .NET Framework versions which
are already installed:

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

2. Now see Resolution Method 2 in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
(ignore the title). After running the appropriate/needed tool, (re)install
all .NET Framework versions manually using the download links on the page.

Frank Marousek wrote:
> Running Windows XP Pro SP3.
>
> When I run Windows Update, it says I need to install the following 2
> updates:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
>
> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
> (KB928366)
>

> I click on Install Updates... and get:
>
> The following updates were not installed:
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
> Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
>

> I click "check your update history"... then click on the red X next to the
> update... and get:
>
> Error Code: 0x8007064C
>

> I have tried to install this repeatedly with the same results. Looking for
> advice on how to proceed.

Frank Marousek

> What JS said.
>
> If still no joy...
>
> 1. Before doing anything else, write down the .NET Framework versions
> which are already installed:
>
> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
> whether service packs have been applied
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>
> 2. Now see Resolution Method 2 in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
> (ignore the title). After running the appropriate/needed tool,
> (re)install all .NET Framework versions manually using the download links
> on the page.

No joy from JS's suggestion.

Following Resolution Method 2, I have uninstalled all versions of .NET
Framework and am in the process of downloading and re-installing. I
successfully completed 1.0, 1.0 SP3, and 1.1. However, after installing 1.1
SP1 (which installed successfully) and rebooting (as instructed), I'm
getting the following error:

[TitleBar] BSQLServer.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x728 (1832), Thread id=id=0x72c (1836).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

Should I ignore and continue, or does this message indicate something has
gone wrong?

MowGreen

Frank Marousek wrote:

>>What JS said.
>>
>>If still no joy...
>>
>>1. Before doing anything else, write down the .NET Framework versions
>>which are already installed:
>>
>>How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
>>whether service packs have been applied
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>>
>>2. Now see Resolution Method 2 in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>>(ignore the title). After running the appropriate/needed tool,
>>(re)install all .NET Framework versions manually using the download links
>>on the page.

> No joy from JS's suggestion.
>
> Following Resolution Method 2, I have uninstalled all versions of .NET
> Framework and am in the process of downloading and re-installing. I
> successfully completed 1.0, 1.0 SP3, and 1.1. However, after installing 1.1
> SP1 (which installed successfully) and rebooting (as instructed), I'm
> getting the following error:
>
> [TitleBar] BSQLServer.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
>
> Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
>
> Process id=0x728 (1832), Thread id=id=0x72c (1836).
>
> Click OK to terminate the application.
> Click CANCEL to debug the application.
>

> Should I ignore and continue, or does this message indicate something has
> gone wrong?

Is Blackfish SQL by CodeGear installed ? If so, then temporarily disable
it from running when you attempt to install .NET 1.1 SP1.

If it is not installed, then BSQLServer.exe is most likely malware:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...7-9O3nkPY7jN7A

BSQLServer.exe can be scanned here to determine if it's malware or
legit: http://www.virustotal.com/

MowGreen
==============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Frank Marousek wrote:
>> What JS said.
>>
>> If still no joy...
>>
>> 1. Before doing anything else, write down the .NET Framework versions
>> which are already installed:
>>
>> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
>> whether service packs have been applied
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>>
>> 2. Now see Resolution Method 2 in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>> (ignore the title). After running the appropriate/needed tool,
>> (re)install all .NET Framework versions manually using the download links
>> on the page.

> No joy from JS's suggestion.
>
> Following Resolution Method 2, I have uninstalled all versions of .NET
> Framework and am in the process of downloading and re-installing. I
> successfully completed 1.0, 1.0 SP3, and 1.1. However, after installing
> 1.1
> SP1 (which installed successfully) and rebooting (as instructed), I'm
> getting the following error:
>
> [TitleBar] BSQLServer.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
>
> Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
>
> Process id=0x728 (1832), Thread id=id=0x72c (1836).
>
> Click OK to terminate the application.
> Click CANCEL to debug the application.
>

> Should I ignore and continue, or does this message indicate something has
> gone wrong?

[OK, we'll bottom-post...]

You're seeing the effects of a hijackware infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

Frank Marousek

Re: Windows update (.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack) not installed
> Is Blackfish SQL by CodeGear installed ? If so, then temporarily disable
> it from running when you attempt to install .NET 1.1 SP1.

As a matter of fact it is.

I disabled Blackfish, continued with the download in re-installation of all
the .NET's, re-enabled Blackfish, and everything appears to be working now.

Thank you for your help!

Frank Marousek

Re: Windows update (.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack) not installed
> You're seeing the effects of a hijackware infection!

It appears not. If you'll read the reply to MowGreen, I had CodeGear
Blackfish SQL installed which was apparently causing a conflict (one which I
will be sure to take up with them).

I thank you for your help! And after two days of screwing around with this I
can hardly wait for .NET 10.0.

MowGreen

Re: Windows update (.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack) not installed
Glad to hear SP1 installed OK, Frank. And, you're mowst welcome.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

Frank Marousek wrote:

>>Is Blackfish SQL by CodeGear installed ? If so, then temporarily disable
>>it from running when you attempt to install .NET 1.1 SP1.

> As a matter of fact it is.
>
> I disabled Blackfish, continued with the download in re-installation of all
> the .NET's, re-enabled Blackfish, and everything appears to be working now.
>
> Thank you for your help!

Re: Windows update (.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack) not installed
Nice catch!