Re: Problems installing new Windows Update software

Shems

Re: Problems installing new Windows Update software
A crossreference,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...f-788043e8bece

Most important is that people do find the error 0x8007007F when they
encounter it on the Windows Update Site.

Shems

(p.s.: the link might need an extension)
--
When the machne breaks down, we break down.

"Wan" wrote:

> Sorry, I didn't have any luck with this solution...by the way, the error code
> I got is 8007007f. I can't find this error code anywhere in my search, and
> the resolution to this. Will be very helpful if someone can help!!
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
> > Update Services installation issues:
> >
> > Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >
> > Support for Windows Update:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> >
> > Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
> > anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
> > Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
> > to install the update(s).
> >
> > 1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527
> >
> > 2. You cannot install some updates or programs
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;822798
> >
> > 3a. Check Windowsupdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log) for errors
> > associated with the download/install.
> >
> > How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
> >
> > 3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
> > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
> > and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
> > link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.org/
> >
> > Wan wrote:
> > > I have a ASUS W5F running on Windows Vista Business. I have been having
> > > problems with Windows Update. Whenever I ask Windows Update to check for
> > > updates, it tells me that I need to install new software, and I click
> > > install...and it doesn't seem to install because it then tells me that it
> > > cannot check for updates. When I click try again, it tells me to install
> > > the
> > > new Windows Update software.
> > >
> > > Can someone help?

MowGreen

Re: Problems installing new Windows Update software
Boot to Safe Mode with networking and try this MS Fixit:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

SM with networking will rule out interference from 3rd party software
[security-related software] and *usually*, will allow the installation
of required software components needed to update.
Suggest you download and save the fixit [ResetWindowsUpdate.msi], close
the browser, and then run it.
If the Default run does not resolve the issue, run it again in Agressive
mode while still in Safe Mode w/networking.
The system *must* be connected as ResetWindowsUpdate will download the
latest release of the Windows Update Agent.
Reboot afterwards and see if the system can update now.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Shems wrote:

> A crossreference,
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...f-788043e8bece
>
> Most important is that people do find the error 0x8007007F when they
> encounter it on the Windows Update Site.
>
> Shems
>
> (p.s.: the link might need an extension)

JcTCarl

"MowGreen" wrote:

> Boot to Safe Mode with networking and try this MS Fixit:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
>
> SM with networking will rule out interference from 3rd party software
> [security-related software] and *usually*, will allow the installation
> of required software components needed to update.
> Suggest you download and save the fixit [ResetWindowsUpdate.msi], close
> the browser, and then run it.
> If the Default run does not resolve the issue, run it again in Agressive
> mode while still in Safe Mode w/networking.
> The system *must* be connected as ResetWindowsUpdate will download the
> latest release of the Windows Update Agent.
> Reboot afterwards and see if the system can update now.
>
> MowGreen
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Shems wrote:
>
> > A crossreference,
> >
> > http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...f-788043e8bece
> >
> > Most important is that people do find the error 0x8007007F when they
> > encounter it on the Windows Update Site.
> >
> > Shems
> >
> > (p.s.: the link might need an extension)

Unfortunately the "Fixit" application will not run in "Safe mode with
networking"

I was able to run it in normal mode though but it did not solve the problem.

Carl.
MowGreen

Re: Problems installing new Windows Update software
Did you try to Clean boot the system and run the Fixit in it's
Aggressive mode with the system connected to the internet ?

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"