Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Media Player 11 failure to install

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2009
Miles
 

Posts: n/a
Media Player 11 failure to install
I have all XP updates installed except Media Player 11. All I know is that
Media Player 11 "failed to install". I have NIS 2007 on the computer which
I turned off during the attempted install. The version of Media Player on
my computer appears to be 9. Would it help if I used add/remove to delete
Media Player 9 first?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player 11 failure to install
[Forwarded to WMP-specific newsgroup via crosspost.]

Miles wrote:
> I have all XP updates installed except Media Player 11. All I know is
> that
> Media Player 11 "failed to install". I have NIS 2007 on the computer
> which
> I turned off during the attempted install. The version of Media Player on
> my computer appears to be 9. Would it help if I used add/remove to delete
> Media Player 9 first?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2009
Andrew E.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player 11 failure to install
WMP 9 is'nt uninstallable from the OS,you could disable it thru add/remove
windows components,but id leave it alone.Try windows update,or download
it from here.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Also,once downloaded,go to run,type:services.msc In msc,scroll to windows
installer,double click on it,set to "auto" then start service,close
msc.Open the
WMP download.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Forwarded to WMP-specific newsgroup via crosspost.]
>
> Miles wrote:
> > I have all XP updates installed except Media Player 11. All I know is
> > that
> > Media Player 11 "failed to install". I have NIS 2007 on the computer
> > which
> > I turned off during the attempted install. The version of Media Player on
> > my computer appears to be 9. Would it help if I used add/remove to delete
> > Media Player 9 first?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2009
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player 11 failure to install
Miles wrote:
:: I have all XP updates installed except Media Player 11. All I know
:: is that Media Player 11 "failed to install". I have NIS 2007 on the
:: computer which I turned off during the attempted install. The
:: version of Media Player on my computer appears to be 9. Would it
:: help if I used add/remove to delete Media Player 9 first?


+ just adding

http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#setup11
How do I troubleshoot a V11 player install error?

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
or guarantees and doesn't give any rights.





Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2009
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player 11 failure to install

Look in the file "wmsetup.log". What lines containing "ERROR:" are there?
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#setup11
may be helpful.

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uRfHBG%231JHA.5276@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> [Forwarded to WMP-specific newsgroup via crosspost.]
>
> Miles wrote:
>> I have all XP updates installed except Media Player 11. All I know is
>> that
>> Media Player 11 "failed to install". I have NIS 2007 on the computer
>> which
>> I turned off during the attempted install. The version of Media Player
>> on
>> my computer appears to be 9. Would it help if I used add/remove to
>> delete
>> Media Player 9 first?

>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2009
Miles
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player 11 failure to install
Here is the error message:
ERROR: Package 'WMP11AUsetup'. Result: 0x80070643.
Does this mean anything to you?
Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:OIdjrZN2JHA.480@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>
> Look in the file "wmsetup.log". What lines containing "ERROR:" are there?
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#setup11
> may be helpful.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> --
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uRfHBG%231JHA.5276@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> [Forwarded to WMP-specific newsgroup via crosspost.]
>>
>> Miles wrote:
>>> I have all XP updates installed except Media Player 11. All I know is
>>> that
>>> Media Player 11 "failed to install". I have NIS 2007 on the computer
>>> which
>>> I turned off during the attempted install. The version of Media Player
>>> on
>>> my computer appears to be 9. Would it help if I used add/remove to
>>> delete
>>> Media Player 9 first?

>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2009
Miles
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player 11 failure to install
Windows installer was turned off. I started it as you suggested and WMP11
finally installed. Should I leave windows installer ON? (If so, I wonder
why it was OFF).
Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
news:9DB95F87-659B-4888-93B6-6D768FC62D04@microsoft.com...
> WMP 9 is'nt uninstallable from the OS,you could disable it thru
> add/remove
> windows components,but id leave it alone.Try windows update,or download
> it from here.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
> Also,once downloaded,go to run,type:services.msc In msc,scroll to windows
> installer,double click on it,set to "auto" then start service,close
> msc.Open the
> WMP download.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [Forwarded to WMP-specific newsgroup via crosspost.]
>>
>> Miles wrote:
>> > I have all XP updates installed except Media Player 11. All I know is
>> > that
>> > Media Player 11 "failed to install". I have NIS 2007 on the computer
>> > which
>> > I turned off during the attempted install. The version of Media Player
>> > on
>> > my computer appears to be 9. Would it help if I used add/remove to
>> > delete
>> > Media Player 9 first?

>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2009
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Player 11 failure to install

As far as I'm aware, that seems like a reasonable plan. =)

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
"Miles" <webmilesremove@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uvKfIBQ2JHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Windows installer was turned off. I started it as you suggested and WMP11
> finally installed. Should I leave windows installer ON? (If so, I wonder
> why it was OFF).
> Thanks.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:9DB95F87-659B-4888-93B6-6D768FC62D04@microsoft.com...
>> WMP 9 is'nt uninstallable from the OS,you could disable it thru
>> add/remove
>> windows components,but id leave it alone.Try windows update,or download
>> it from here.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
>> Also,once downloaded,go to run,type:services.msc In msc,scroll to
>> windows
>> installer,double click on it,set to "auto" then start service,close
>> msc.Open the
>> WMP download.
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> [Forwarded to WMP-specific newsgroup via crosspost.]
>>>
>>> Miles wrote:
>>> > I have all XP updates installed except Media Player 11. All I know is
>>> > that
>>> > Media Player 11 "failed to install". I have NIS 2007 on the computer
>>> > which
>>> > I turned off during the attempted install. The version of Media
>>> > Player on
>>> > my computer appears to be 9. Would it help if I used add/remove to
>>> > delete
>>> > Media Player 9 first?
>>>
>>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't install Media Player 11 Alex 58 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 08-13-2008 02:40
Re: Media player update won't install Jabez Gan [MVP] microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 12-15-2007 04:27
Cannot install IE 7 and Media Player 11 giuseppe pezzella microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 11-01-2007 11:52
How can I install Windows Media Player 9/10 instead? Elliot microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 05-14-2007 16:27
Media Player 11 Install =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 02-07-2007 11:27




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:36.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120