2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2

branwren

2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2
I recently downloaded and installed the above mentioned software update.
After installation my email client (Outlook) failed every time. I spent hours
on line with the email ISP attempting to correct the problem with no success.
The next day I started playing with my Verizion USB modem that I use for
connection and it also failed. As it turns out, after the update, Outlook is
looking for either a dial-up or broadband connection. The USB modem I use for
connection is a wireless dial-up modem that will only initiate by using
hardware specific software, so Outlook fails to see the connection as does
other Microsoft products. I finally resolved the problem by restoring my
computer to a point before the Office Suite Service Pack 2 was installed.
I also have the same problem with Internet Explorer. It worked before, but
when the version 8 was downloaded and installed all of a sudden I have
connection problems.
I tried to find a place to let Microsoft know about the problem with the
update but couldn't find anywhere to do that. Can anyone help me let them
know that the new updates they are issuing are not compatable with wireless
mobile modems? As we all know we are all getting more mobile.

Ruth McDonald
Dell Inspiron 1525
Vista Ultimate
Verizion USB modem

Re: 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2
Did you install Office 2007 SP2 and IE8 concurrently? Is IE8 still
installed?