error code 80246007

Judy

error code 80246007
When i try to run an update for office 2007 I get this error: Windows Update
database is corrupted

Although all of the other important updates ran. I tryed doing a repair.bat
per instrutions but that did nothing. Any ideas?

Re: error code 80246007
Known issues that you may experience when you install Office 2007 SP2...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968173

You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007 Office
service packs on a computer that is running WinXP SP2 [or SP3]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942101

Judy wrote:
> When i try to run an update for office 2007 I get this error: Windows
> Update database is corrupted
>
> Although all of the other important updates ran. I tryed doing a
> repair.bat
> per instrutions but that did nothing. Any ideas?

Judy

Re: error code 80246007
Thanks for the help, I tried these solutions and I still get an error that
the database is corrupted.

Also I am running Vista.

Judy

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Known issues that you may experience when you install Office 2007 SP2...
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968173
>
> You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007 Office
> service packs on a computer that is running WinXP SP2 [or SP3]
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942101
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Judy wrote:
> > When i try to run an update for office 2007 I get this error: Windows
> > Update database is corrupted
> >
> > Although all of the other important updates ran. I tryed doing a
> > repair.bat
> > per instrutions but that did nothing. Any ideas?

MowGreen

Re: error code 80246007
Is this the MSKB where you saw instructions to run a .bat to resolve the
error: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958042

If so, then suggest you rename DataStore.edb by first stopping the
update service and BITS, if it's been started.
Here's what Repair.bat should look like -

net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
ren DataStore.edb DataStore.edb.old
ren Download Download.old
net start wuauserv
net start bits

DataStore.edb is the database that the error refers to, Judy, despite
what the KB article states. It can be corrupted by antivirus software
scanning it while it's locked [ in use ].
Reboot after running the .bat file and see if the system can update now.

To avoid this issue in the future, see this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Judy wrote:

> Thanks for the help, I tried these solutions and I still get an error that
> the database is corrupted.
>
> Also I am running Vista.
>
> Judy
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>

>>Known issues that you may experience when you install Office 2007 SP2...
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968173
>>
>>You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007 Office
>>service packs on a computer that is running WinXP SP2 [or SP3]
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942101
>>--
>>~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>
>>Judy wrote:
>>
>>>When i try to run an update for office 2007 I get this error: Windows
>>>Update database is corrupted
>>>
>>>Although all of the other important updates ran. I tryed doing a
>>>repair.bat
>>>per instrutions but that did nothing. Any ideas?

MowGreen

Re: error code 80246007
Correction:

net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
ren DataStore.edb DataStore.edb.old
cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\
ren Download Download.old
net start wuauserv
net start bits

Without changing directories, cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\,
the renaming of the Download subfolder will fail.

MG

MowGreen wrote:

> Is this the MSKB where you saw instructions to run a .bat to resolve the
> error: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958042
>
> If so, then suggest you rename DataStore.edb by first stopping the
> update service and BITS, if it's been started.
> Here's what Repair.bat should look like -
>
> net stop wuauserv
> net stop bits
> cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
> ren DataStore.edb DataStore.edb.old
> ren Download Download.old
> net start wuauserv
> net start bits
>
> DataStore.edb is the database that the error refers to, Judy, despite
> what the KB article states. It can be corrupted by antivirus software
> scanning it while it's locked [ in use ].
> Reboot after running the .bat file and see if the system can update now.
>
> To avoid this issue in the future, see this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158
>
> MowGreen
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Judy wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the help, I tried these solutions and I still get an error
>> that the database is corrupted.
>> Also I am running Vista.
>>
>> Judy
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>

>>> Known issues that you may experience when you install Office 2007 SP2...
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968173
>>>
>>> You receive an error message when you try to apply any of the 2007
>>> Office service packs on a computer that is running WinXP SP2 [or SP3]
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942101
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Judy

Re: error code 80246007
actually thats not the repair file I ran I will try that one THanks!

Judy