Windows - "No Disk" Error Message

NJRon

Windows - "No Disk" Error Message
Yesterday was maintenance day. I ran my antivirus & spyware programs,
registry cleaner, defragged the hard drive and updated several Adobe programs
(Reader, Shockwave & Flash Player). On re-boot I got the following error
message: Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message - c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c
75b6bf7c
Cancel Retry Ignore
Hitting cancel, retry, ignore does nothing. After hitting it 4 or 5 times
the dialog box closes and all appears normal. When I start Internet Explorer
the same dialog box appears and i can get rid of it as mentioned above.
Everything then seems to operate normally.
Thinking it had to be a bad download on one of the updates, I removed each
of the Adobe programs and continue to get the same Error Message as described
above. Very annoying.
Any suggestions to correct would be greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
NJRon
Ǝиçεl

RE: Windows - "No Disk" Error Message
Hello "NJRon",

Scan your computer with a virus checker and anti-spyware etc - try more than
one product (e.g. there's also Windows Live Safety Center
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm> ), clean any infections and
reboot.

Ǝиçεl
:..:

"NJRon" wrote:

> Yesterday was maintenance day. I ran my antivirus & spyware programs,
> registry cleaner, defragged the hard drive and updated several Adobe programs
> (Reader, Shockwave & Flash Player). On re-boot I got the following error
> message: Windows - No Disk
> Exception Processing Message - c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c
> 75b6bf7c
> Cancel Retry Ignore
> Hitting cancel, retry, ignore does nothing. After hitting it 4 or 5 times
> the dialog box closes and all appears normal. When I start Internet Explorer
> the same dialog box appears and i can get rid of it as mentioned above.
> Everything then seems to operate normally.
> Thinking it had to be a bad download on one of the updates, I removed each
> of the Adobe programs and continue to get the same Error Message as described
> above. Very annoying.
> Any suggestions to correct would be greatly appreciated.
> NJRon

Re: Windows - "No Disk" Error Message
The Adobe updates you did have nothing to do with Windows Update, Ron.

If you think your Registry needs to be "cleaned" or "repaired," read
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions.

NJRon wrote:
> Yesterday was maintenance day. I ran my antivirus & spyware programs,
> registry cleaner, defragged the hard drive and updated several Adobe
> programs (Reader, Shockwave & Flash Player). On re-boot I got the
> following
> error message: Windows - No Disk
> Exception Processing Message - c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c
> 75b6bf7c
> Cancel Retry Ignore
> Hitting cancel, retry, ignore does nothing. After hitting it 4 or 5 times
> the dialog box closes and all appears normal. When I start Internet
> Explorer
> the same dialog box appears and i can get rid of it as mentioned above.
> Everything then seems to operate normally.
> Thinking it had to be a bad download on one of the updates, I removed each
> of the Adobe programs and continue to get the same Error Message as
> described above. Very annoying.
> Any suggestions to correct would be greatly appreciated.

NathanS

"NJRon" wrote:

> Yesterday was maintenance day. I ran my antivirus & spyware programs,
> registry cleaner, defragged the hard drive and updated several Adobe programs
> (Reader, Shockwave & Flash Player). On re-boot I got the following error
> message: Windows - No Disk
> Exception Processing Message - c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c
> 75b6bf7c
> Cancel Retry Ignore
> Hitting cancel, retry, ignore does nothing. After hitting it 4 or 5 times
> the dialog box closes and all appears normal. When I start Internet Explorer
> the same dialog box appears and i can get rid of it as mentioned above.
> Everything then seems to operate normally.
> Thinking it had to be a bad download on one of the updates, I removed each
> of the Adobe programs and continue to get the same Error Message as described
> above. Very annoying.
> Any suggestions to correct would be greatly appreciated.
> NJRon

Michael

Re: Windows - "No Disk" Error Message
Invisible text?

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"NathanS" <NathanS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "NJRon" wrote:
>
>> Yesterday was maintenance day. I ran my antivirus & spyware programs,
>> registry cleaner, defragged the hard drive and updated several Adobe
>> programs
>> (Reader, Shockwave & Flash Player). On re-boot I got the following error
>> message: Windows - No Disk
>> Exception Processing Message - c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c
>> 75b6bf7c
>> Cancel Retry Ignore
>> Hitting cancel, retry, ignore does nothing. After hitting it 4 or 5 times
>> the dialog box closes and all appears normal. When I start Internet
>> Explorer
>> the same dialog box appears and i can get rid of it as mentioned above.
>> Everything then seems to operate normally.
>> Thinking it had to be a bad download on one of the updates, I removed
>> each
>> of the Adobe programs and continue to get the same Error Message as
>> described
>> above. Very annoying.
>> Any suggestions to correct would be greatly appreciated.
>> --
>> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>> NJRon

MowGreen

Re: Windows - "No Disk" Error Message
And what would *your* computer's issue be, NathanS ?
Might it be

> Yesterday was maintenance day. I ran my antivirus & spyware programs

*If* the AV is Avast, see this:
Win32elf-MZG false positive issue statement
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=51647.msg436938

If it's not, read this please: How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

NathanS wrote:

> "NJRon" wrote:
>

>>Yesterday was maintenance day. I ran my antivirus & spyware programs,
>>registry cleaner, defragged the hard drive and updated several Adobe programs
>>(Reader, Shockwave & Flash Player). On re-boot I got the following error
>>message: Windows - No Disk
>>Exception Processing Message - c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c
>>75b6bf7c
>>Cancel Retry Ignore
>>Hitting cancel, retry, ignore does nothing. After hitting it 4 or 5 times
>>the dialog box closes and all appears normal. When I start Internet Explorer
>>the same dialog box appears and i can get rid of it as mentioned above.
>>Everything then seems to operate normally.
>>Thinking it had to be a bad download on one of the updates, I removed each
>>of the Adobe programs and continue to get the same Error Message as described
>>above. Very annoying.
>>Any suggestions to correct would be greatly appreciated.
>>--
>>Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>>NJRon

MowGreen

Michael wrote:

> Invisible text?

Perhaps he's a MIME ? <w>

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"
Michael

Re: Windows - "No Disk" Error Message
LOL!

Educate me.