RE: 0x8024002D Error During OfficeXP Update

Tundra Rose

RE: 0x8024002D Error During OfficeXP Update
Using Office Pro 2007, ran Diagnose & Repair (fixed 1 unidentified file),
still get same error message. Update trying to install Office 2002 SP3 (?!)
and can't find file PRORET.MSI in SYSTEM 32 or on install cd (in drive as
requested by update). Also fails to manually install.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> See comments -
>
> "drwhy" wrote:
>
> > Option 1: Office XP is comprised of at least 5 major applications, but the
> > error code does not allow to isolate the error to any one application. That
> > means that I would have to repair every single Office application (Excel,
> > Word, Outlook, Access and Powerpoint). While this solution is possible, it
> > is not very practical.

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298027
> Description of the differences between repair and reinstall in Office XP and
> 2003
>
> Note You can also perform a Repair procedure from any of the Office programs
> by clicking Detect and Repair on the Help menu. This procedure is the same
> procedure that is performed when you click the Detect and repair errors in my
> Office installation command in Maintenance mode.
>
> Please note that all installed Office XP programs are detected and repaired
> at the same time. It's easy and quite quick really. Make sure you have your
> Office XP CD in the installation drive.
>

> > Option 2: I ran a search through the Office XP CD and the file is not found
> > on it. Is there a particular directory on the CD that I should point the
> > browser to?

> Don't know what you're searching for?
>

> > Option 3: How do I download the full update when the update process itself
> > is controlled by the ActiveX control?

> Office XP Updates - manual download and installation
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/of...225741033.aspx
>
> IMHO I would just repair Office and then try MS Updates again.
>
> Kaylene
>

> > Thanks.
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> > > Error Code: 0x8024002D
> > > means - a full-file patch failed because the source was required
> > >
> > > 1. You could repair your Office XP installation and try the patch again.
> > > or
> > > 2. Leave the Office XP cd in the installation drive and try the patch again.
> > > or
> > > 3. Download the full updates and install them.

Re: 0x8024002D Error During OfficeXP Update
Also see...

Description of the update for Office 2003 (December 9, 2008)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949074