Problems with "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1"

Jim

Problems with "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1"
I'm doing a fresh instal of XP Pro SP3 (SP2 disc with SP3 slipstreamed using
i/ switch and worked fine b4) but everytime i instal it seems to reset the
machine.

I have tried to upgrade by using windows update and by downloading the file
itself (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe), I have machine set up in classic form
and set up just how it should be, IE and all it's fav's are set fine but
when ever i try to instal this fix it screws the machine, now i could just
reset things but something is going wrong and what else is it doing to the
machine that i don't know about behind the scenes that may come back to
haunt me later.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to cure the problem.

TIA

Sorry about spelling (no spell checker yet)

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Re: Problems with "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1"
Jim wrote:

> I'm doing a fresh instal of XP Pro SP3 (SP2 disc with SP3 slipstreamed using
> i/ switch and worked fine b4) but everytime i instal it seems to reset the
> machine.

Please be more specific about what goes wrong when you install the .NET
framework. Do you mean that the machine spontaneously reboots?

Did you slipstream anything other than SP3 into the Windows installation CD?

Harry.

> I have tried to upgrade by using windows update and by downloading the file
> itself (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe), I have machine set up in classic form
> and set up just how it should be, IE and all it's fav's are set fine but
> when ever i try to instal this fix it screws the machine, now i could just
> reset things but something is going wrong and what else is it doing to the
> machine that i don't know about behind the scenes that may come back to
> haunt me later.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion as to cure the problem.
>
> TIA
>
> Sorry about spelling (no spell checker yet)

Jim

Re: Problems with "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1"
Hi Harry, thanks for the reply, the problem has been sorted and it was a
simple mistake, the update before this one had me reboot and gave me login
screen, I normally just login automatically via "control userpasswords2"
route but this was logging me in as admin and hence basic xp setup, where as
i had done all my tweaks and they had seemed to have gone, when in fact it
was simple login issue, anyway only wasted a whole day, going to take an
image now incase i have any more isssues, as i say sorted now and once
againthx for the responce.