Office 2007 SP2 fails on Vista Business

Mike in Nebraska

Office 2007 SP2 fails on Vista Business
I've got one client PC that won't install Office Suite 2007 Service Pack 2
(SP2). I get an error in the System log; event id: 20, source:
WindowsUpdateClient, description: Installation failure - error code
0x8007006e.

There's nothing else in the System log on this, so I'm stumped. Tried to
search Google on the error code and then "office sp2 fails on vista", but no
hits that answered the problem.

What else can I try?

--
Mike Webb
Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.

Re: Office 2007 SP2 fails on Vista Business
Try inserting the Office 2007 CD into the appropriate drive bay before the

Mike in Nebraska wrote:
> I've got one client PC that won't install Office Suite 2007 Service Pack 2
> (SP2). I get an error in the System log; event id: 20, source:
> WindowsUpdateClient, description: Installation failure - error code
> 0x8007006e.
>
> There's nothing else in the System log on this, so I'm stumped. Tried to
> search Google on the error code and then "office sp2 fails on vista", but
> no
> hits that answered the problem.
>
> What else can I try?

Mike in Nebraska

Re: Office 2007 SP2 fails on Vista Business
Sorry didn't work. Lasted a bit longer in the install process, but still
errored out with the same event id 20. It was immediately followed by event
id saying that the SP was downloaded and ready for installation at the next
scheduled time. Tried it three times with the CD in, same result each time.

Mike

> Try inserting the Office 2007 CD into the appropriate drive bay before the
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Mike in Nebraska wrote:
>> I've got one client PC that won't install Office Suite 2007 Service Pack
>> 2
>> (SP2). I get an error in the System log; event id: 20, source:
>> WindowsUpdateClient, description: Installation failure - error code
>> 0x8007006e.
>>
>> There's nothing else in the System log on this, so I'm stumped. Tried to
>> search Google on the error code and then "office sp2 fails on vista", but
>> no
>> hits that answered the problem.
>>
>> What else can I try?

TaurArian

RE: Office 2007 SP2 fails on Vista Business
Perhaps you've got a corrupt download - download the full file and try
installing from that.

"Mike in Nebraska" wrote:

> I've got one client PC that won't install Office Suite 2007 Service Pack 2
> (SP2). I get an error in the System log; event id: 20, source:
> WindowsUpdateClient, description: Installation failure - error code
> 0x8007006e.
>
> There's nothing else in the System log on this, so I'm stumped. Tried to
> search Google on the error code and then "office sp2 fails on vista", but no
> hits that answered the problem.
>
> What else can I try?
>
> --
> Mike Webb
> Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.
> a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization
> Wood River, NE

Mike in Nebraska

Re: Office 2007 SP2 fails on Vista Business
Didn't quite work. Very soon after I started the install, and right after I
checked the box on the legal disclaimer, I got an error window - "The
detection failed, this can be due to a corrupted installation database."
The System log only had the generic event id: 20.
Any ideas on how to get rid of the "corrupted installation database"?

Mike

"TaurArian" <taurarian@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps you've got a corrupt download - download the full file and try
> installing from that.
> --
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
>

> "Mike in Nebraska" wrote:
>
>> I've got one client PC that won't install Office Suite 2007 Service Pack
>> 2
>> (SP2). I get an error in the System log; event id: 20, source:
>> WindowsUpdateClient, description: Installation failure - error code
>> 0x8007006e.
>>
>> There's nothing else in the System log on this, so I'm stumped. Tried to
>> search Google on the error code and then "office sp2 fails on vista", but
>> no
>> hits that answered the problem.
>>
>> What else can I try?
>>
>> --
>> Mike Webb
>> Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.
>> a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization
>> Wood River, NE

Re: Office 2007 SP2 fails on Vista Business
Either run a Repair or uninstall/reinstall Office 2007.

Mike in Nebraska wrote:
> Didn't quite work. Very soon after I started the install, and right after
> checked the box on the legal disclaimer, I got an error window - "The
> detection failed, this can be due to a corrupted installation database."
> The System log only had the generic event id: 20.
> Any ideas on how to get rid of the "corrupted installation database"?
>
> Mike
>
> "TaurArian" <taurarian@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Perhaps you've got a corrupt download - download the full file and try
>> installing from that.
>> --
>> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
>> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.
>>

>> "Mike in Nebraska" wrote:
>>
>>> I've got one client PC that won't install Office Suite 2007 Service Pack
>>> 2
>>> (SP2). I get an error in the System log; event id: 20, source:
>>> WindowsUpdateClient, description: Installation failure - error code
>>> 0x8007006e.
>>>
>>> There's nothing else in the System log on this, so I'm stumped. Tried
>>> search Google on the error code and then "office sp2 fails on vista",
>>> but
>>> no
>>> hits that answered the problem.
>>>
>>> What else can I try?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike Webb
>>> Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.
>>> a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization
>>> Wood River, NE

Mike in Nebraska

Re: Office 2007 SP2 fails on Vista Business
That did the trick, thanks.

> Either run a Repair or uninstall/reinstall Office 2007.
>
> Mike in Nebraska wrote:
>> Didn't quite work. Very soon after I started the install, and right
>> after I
>> checked the box on the legal disclaimer, I got an error window - "The
>> detection failed, this can be due to a corrupted installation database."
>> The System log only had the generic event id: 20.
>> Any ideas on how to get rid of the "corrupted installation database"?
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> "TaurArian" <taurarian@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Perhaps you've got a corrupt download - download the full file and try
>>> installing from that.
>>> --
>>> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties
>>> or
>>> guarantees and doesn''t give any rights.

Re: Office 2007 SP2 fails on Vista Business
YW, Mike.