word after Office 2007 SP2

Thane

word after Office 2007 SP2
Word is now completely unusable. I haven't been brave enough to look at other
office programs.

After downloading and installing the Office 2007 SP2 update all menus in
word are invisible. One can't even copy and paste text out of a document.

This "update" is really a software bomb I would say. Avoid it. Just my
advice.

I'm going to do a complete reinstall of everything. I'll avoid this software
bomb until microsoft makes it useful.
John

Re: word after Office 2007 SP2
I'm using Office 2007 with SP2. It doesn't show the symptoms mentioned
below. I can copy/paste text just fine. No changes as far as GUI menu is
concerned.

"Thane" <Thane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Word is now completely unusable. I haven't been brave enough to look at
> other
> office programs.
>

> After downloading and installing the Office 2007 SP2 update all menus in
> word are invisible. One can't even copy and paste text out of a document.
>

> This "update" is really a software bomb I would say. Avoid it. Just my
> advice.
>

> I'm going to do a complete reinstall of everything. I'll avoid this
> software
> bomb until microsoft makes it useful.

Re: word after Office 2007 SP2
[Forwarded to Office Update newsgroup via crosspost]

Thane wrote:
> Word is now completely unusable. I haven't been brave enough to look at
> other office programs.
>

> After downloading and installing the Office 2007 SP2 update all menus in
> word are invisible. One can't even copy and paste text out of a document.
>

> This "update" is really a software bomb I would say. Avoid it. Just my
> advice.
>

> I'm going to do a complete reinstall of everything. I'll avoid this
> software
> bomb until microsoft makes it useful.

BobMcg

Re: word after Office 2007 SP2
don't bother with repair or re-install functions in office software, they
don't work either. Word is still corrupted after trying both these steps

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Forwarded to Office Update newsgroup via crosspost]
>
> Thane wrote:
> > Word is now completely unusable. I haven't been brave enough to look at
> > other office programs.
> >

> > After downloading and installing the Office 2007 SP2 update all menus in
> > word are invisible. One can't even copy and paste text out of a document.
> >

> > This "update" is really a software bomb I would say. Avoid it. Just my
> > advice.
> >

> > I'm going to do a complete reinstall of everything. I'll avoid this
> > software
> > bomb until microsoft makes it useful.

Thane

Re: word after Office 2007 SP2
Yes, you're right. Repair and reinstall functions do nothing. Just a note,
Outlook is unusable too. Same symptoms. Invisible menus and no function.

A complete and fresh install is the only option I have. Of course I'll avoid
this service pack until it's debugged. Unless the image I use already has it
and it works that is.