Is there a Hotfix Q955656 for Windows 2008 x64?

Harry

Is there a Hotfix Q955656 for Windows 2008 x64?
I only found the 32 bit but I need the 64 bit.
Shenan Stanley

Re: Is there a Hotfix Q955656 for Windows 2008 x64?
Harry wrote:
> I only found the 32 bit but I need the 64 bit.

*Found*...

This is one of the hotfixes you should contact Microsoft and let them know
you need it and have them send it to you. I wouldn't trust a 'found'
version of it in any case.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955656

"A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is
intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article.
Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific
problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are
not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the
next software update that contains this hotfix.

If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download
available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this
section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to
obtain the hotfix."

Follow the KB article - if you have the problem - the call is free as is the
hotfix.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Harry

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Harry wrote:
> > I only found the 32 bit but I need the 64 bit.

> *Found*...
>
> This is one of the hotfixes you should contact Microsoft and let them know
> you need it and have them send it to you. I wouldn't trust a 'found'
> version of it in any case.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955656
>
> "A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is
> intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article.
> Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific
> problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are
> not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the
> next software update that contains this hotfix.
>
> If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download
> available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this
> section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to
> obtain the hotfix."
>
> Follow the KB article - if you have the problem - the call is free as is the
> hotfix.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This hot fix is needed as a prerequisite for another program if I do not
have this hot fix installed I can not install the other software that will
controls the SQL Server databases.

Harry wrote:
> This hot fix is needed as a prerequisite for another program if I
> do not have this hot fix installed I can not install the other
> software that will controls the SQL Server databases.

Same answer - certain if what you say is the case that your call to
Microsoft would be 100% free.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP