Udate Error Code 80071a91

PEPSIGIRL2U

Udate Error Code 80071a91
Hello I am recieving this Error Code when trying to update I have Vista and
there are a few diffferent Updates that can't be installed at first it seems
ok but the upon restart it fails I have not been able to Update for about a
month now I did not change any settings and I also have tried the CMD deleter
that was offered by another member and it didnt work either her is a copy of
what it says for one of them
Security Update for Windows Vista (KB960803)

Installation date: ‎5/‎9/‎2009 3:02 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80071A91

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
install this update, you may have to restart your system. This update is
provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

thanks ..
Ǝиçεl

RE: Udate Error Code 80071a91
Hello PEPSIGIRL,

You can get direct help from Microsoft for issues with virus infections or
issues related to security patches.

In the United States or Canada, dial 1-866-pcsafety. Elsewhere in the
world, equivalent help is available, although the phone call may not be
free. Call your local Microsoft Subsidiary, or the number for paid support
in your locale, and ask for the free help with virus infections or security
patch related issues.
-=-

Also I would suggest running a HijackThis to to ensure
that Vundo did not bring along any uninvited guests.
(SDBot and ZLOB, all protected by a rootkit.)

You might also consider going with posting a HijackThis log in a specialized
forum that deals with reading such logs:

Please read this guide before actually doing the procedure

And it has all of the links for downloads you need.

Pяeparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html>
-=-
<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html >

This will give you a starting point for your
troubleshooting anyway.

:.Ǝиçεl.:

"PEPSIGIRL2U" wrote:

> Hello I am recieving this Error Code when trying to update I have Vista and
> there are a few diffferent Updates that can't be installed at first it seems
> ok but the upon restart it fails I have not been able to Update for about a
> month now I did not change any settings and I also have tried the CMD deleter
> that was offered by another member and it didnt work either her is a copy of
> what it says for one of them
> Security Update for Windows Vista (KB960803)
>
> Installation date: ‎5/‎9/‎2009 3:02 AM
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 80071A91
>
> Update type: Important
>
> A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
> remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
> help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
> install this update, you may have to restart your system. This update is
> provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=139852
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com
>

> thanks ..

Re: Udate Error Code 80071a91
Error message when you try to install a Windows update, a hotfix, or a
service pack after you perform System Restore in Windows Vista: "0x80071A91"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948252

QED: What problem(s) were you having that led you to use System Restore?