Vista: Error Code 8007010B in Windows Update and

Victor

Vista: Error Code 8007010B in Windows Update and
I get the error code 8007010B when trying to install updates with Windows
Update and also get an error when trying to install OneCare: 0037-80070643.
Any suggestions what to do?
Ǝиçεl

RE: Vista: Error Code 8007010B in Windows Update and

0x8007010B => Directory name is not valid?

See MVP Robert Aldwinckle's reply to an earlier post this month involving
the error:

<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/3853d9d10ceebaf8?hl=en>
"Victor" wrote:

> I get the error code 8007010B when trying to install updates with Windows
> Update and also get an error when trying to install OneCare: 0037-80070643.
> Any suggestions what to do?

Robert Aldwinckle

"???l" <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F16ED3E5-950B-4E92-83EC-3B8DA627A363@microsoft.com...

> 0x8007010B => Directory name is not valid?
>
> See MVP Robert Aldwinckle's reply to an earlier post this month involving
> the error:
>
> <http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/3853d9d10ceebaf8?hl=en>

<quote>
Jul 9 2005, 8:31 pm
</quote>

"earlier this month"?

Axel, are you in a time warp? <eg>

BTW since then I discovered ProcMon. Much better interleaving
of both RegMon and FileMon tracing, so less inferences required
to apply those records to one's logs. Also, ProcMon's traces can
be saved and played back with different filters in multiple windows
if that seems helpful for the analysis.

FYI

Robert
---

> "Victor" wrote:
>
>> I get the error code 8007010B when trying to install updates with Windows
>> Update and also get an error when trying to install OneCare: 0037-80070643.
>> Any suggestions what to do?

Re: Vista: Error Code 8007010B in Windows Update and
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

Victor wrote:
> I get the error code 8007010B when trying to install updates with Windows
> Update and also get an error when trying to install OneCare:
> 0037-80070643.
> Any suggestions what to do?

Victor

Re: Vista: Error Code 8007010B in Windows Update and
I have not found any viruses. I had an up to date version of McAfee running
until 5 minutes before trying to install Windows OneCare. Have now instead
installed Norton, did a full scan an no infections were found.
The Windows update issue however, has not been resolved.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
> infection!
>
> NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had
> expired *when the machine first got infected* and/or your subscription has
> since expired and/or the machine's not been kept fully-patched at Windows
> Update, don't waste your time with any of the below: Format & reinstall
> Windows. A Repair Install will NOT help!

> NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan! You may need to download the
> MSRT on a non-infected machine, then transfer MRT.EXE to the infected
> machine and rename it to SCAN.EXE before running it.
>
> 2. [WinXP ONLY!! =>] Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan
> (only!) in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:
>
> 3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
> logs in an appropriate forum, not here.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> **Seek expert assistance in
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup, http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
> or other appropriate forums.**
>
> If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
> this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
>
> =====================
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Victor wrote:
> > I get the error code 8007010B when trying to install updates with Windows
> > Update and also get an error when trying to install OneCare:
> > 0037-80070643.
> > Any suggestions what to do?

Re: Vista: Error Code 8007010B in Windows Update and
No amount of scanning can detect and remove all infections.

You should have uninstalled the McAfee application and then run the McAfee
Consumer Products Removal Tool prior to installing OneCare.

If the machine was already infected when you attempted to install OneCare
and/or Norton, neither of them are working properly.