can't update windows

Daniel

can't update windows
Help!! I have windows xp sp2 and cannot get it to update!! The updte page
loads then says it can't load the page. It has an error number 0x800b0003 and
for some reason makes a bunch of clicking noises like i am trying to click
with my mouse?
Ǝиçεl

RE: can't update windows
Hello Daniel,

0x800B0003
You cannot install some updates or programs
See <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798/en-us> for possible help.

:.Ǝиçεl.:

"Daniel" wrote:

> Help!! I have windows xp sp2 and cannot get it to update!! The updte page
> loads then says it can't load the page. It has an error number 0x800b0003 and
> for some reason makes a bunch of clicking noises like i am trying to click
> with my mouse?

Re: can't update windows
Assuming this is a sudden, new problem (and you've not recently reinstall
WinXP)...

There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

Daniel wrote:
> Help!! I have windows xp sp2 and cannot get it to update!! The updte page
> loads then says it can't load the page. It has an error number 0x800b0003
> and for some reason makes a bunch of clicking noises like i am trying to
> click with my mouse?

Shenan Stanley

Re: can't update windows
Daniel wrote:
> I have windows xp sp2 and cannot get it to update!! The
> updte page loads then says it can't load the page. It has an error
> number 0x800b0003 and for some reason makes a bunch of clicking
> noises like i am trying to click with my mouse?

Start button --> RUN (no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your
keyboard) --> type in:
winver
--> Click OK.

The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
(Operating System name) while the line starting with the word "version" will
give you the rest of the story. Post both in response to this message
verbatim. ;-)

Since there are various possibilities on how this happened - best you make
sure you cover all bases in the cleanup.

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Reboot.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\net stop wuauserv
--> Click OK.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\wups2.dll
--> Click OK.

Start button --> RUN and type in:
%SystemRoot%\system32\net start wuauserv
--> Click OK.

.... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive. After saving it to the root
of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

Reboot.

Reboot.

Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer and
visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a CUSTOM scan...
(Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.)

(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot again.

time.

against the "Windows Search" one amd any of the "Office Live" ones for
now. I would completely avoid the Optional Hardware updates.

Come back - let us know if that worked.
.... Really - come back and let everyone know if that worked.

** If it seemed to have failed, do this: **

Check the staus of these two services:
- Automatic Updates
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK. In the list of
services, find those two, right click on them one at a time and choose
properties. In the Startup type list, what is each of them set to?

Report that here.

Then:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type: %windir%\windowsupdate.log
and then click OK.

Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate any error
code(s) or explanation as to why the page cannot be displayed.

You can copy/paste the last 50 or so lines here...

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

TaurArian

Re: can't update windows
Daniel wrote:
:: Help!! I have windows xp sp2 and cannot get it to update!! The updte
:: page loads then says it can't load the page. It has an error number
:: 0x800b0003 and for some reason makes a bunch of clicking noises like
:: i am trying to click with my mouse?

"Courtesty: Harish.G

The error 0x800B0003 occurs in your Windows Update.log due to mismatch in
digital signature. This issue can be fixed by enabling "use http 1.1 through
proxy connections" in Internet Options.

To enable "use http 1.1 through proxy connections"

1. After Opening Internet Explorer click Tools / Internet Options.
2. Click the Advanced Tab.
3. Remove the check from use HTTP 1.1
4. Place a check in Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections.
5. Attempt to access the Windows Update site again.
6. If you are still experiencing difficulties with the update site, try
having both HTTP 1.1 and HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections checked."

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org