SERVICE PACK2 CANNOT INSTALL OR UPDATED

albingkim

SERVICE PACK2 CANNOT INSTALL OR UPDATED
I CANNOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 ON MY COMPUTER,I"D TRY TO DOWNLOAD SERVICE
PACK2 CANNOT,WHY?BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER,I" M
TIRED TO FIND SERVICE PACK2 IN WINDOWS UPDATE SO WAHEN?HOW?TO INSTALL SERVICE
PACK2 PLS.ANSWER ME BYE
Shenan Stanley

Re: SERVICE PACK2 CANNOT INSTALL OR UPDATED
albingkim wrote:
> I CANNOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 ON MY COMPUTER,I"D TRY TO DOWNLOAD
> SERVICE PACK2 CANNOT,WHY?BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY
> COMPUTER,I" M TIRED TO FIND SERVICE PACK2 IN WINDOWS UPDATE SO
> WAHEN?HOW?TO INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 PLS.ANSWER ME BYE

Wow. What's with the all uppercase lettering? There's a reason most
published wors are *not* in such format - it's almost like being in a room
with someone who cannot speak, but must *YELL* everything at you even though
they are sitting across a very short table from you.

First - calm yourself. You have given very little in detail - and you
surely have the detail and have just chosen to not provide it.

- Service Pack 2 for *what*?
- What is the exact text in the description and KB###### of the update you
are attempting to install and *why* are you trying to install it?

- What operating system are you using (Windows 9x? Windows ME? Windows XP?
Windows Vista?)
- What service pack level (if applicable) is your operating system at?

No sure how to get the exact version of Windows?

Start button --> RUN (no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your
keyboard) --> type in:
winver
--> Click OK.

The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
(Operating System name) while the line starting with the word "version" will
give you the rest of the story. Post both in response to this message
verbatim. ;-)

Please respond to *this* posting to continue the conversation.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> albingkim wrote:
> > I CANNOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 ON MY COMPUTER,I"D TRY TO DOWNLOAD
> > SERVICE PACK2 CANNOT,WHY?BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY
> > COMPUTER,I" M TIRED TO FIND SERVICE PACK2 IN WINDOWS UPDATE SO
> > WAHEN?HOW?TO INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 PLS.ANSWER ME BYE

> Wow. What's with the all uppercase lettering? There's a reason most
> published wors are *not* in such format - it's almost like being in a room
> with someone who cannot speak, but must *YELL* everything at you even though
> they are sitting across a very short table from you.
>
> First - calm yourself. You have given very little in detail - and you
> surely have the detail and have just chosen to not provide it.
>
> - Service Pack 2 for *what*?
> - What is the exact text in the description and KB###### of the update you
> are attempting to install and *why* are you trying to install it?
>
> - What operating system are you using (Windows 9x? Windows ME? Windows XP?
> Windows Vista?)
> - What service pack level (if applicable) is your operating system at?
>
> No sure how to get the exact version of Windows?
>
> Start button --> RUN (no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your
> keyboard) --> type in:
> winver
> --> Click OK.
>
> The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
> (Operating System name) while the line starting with the word "version" will
> give you the rest of the story. Post both in response to this message
> verbatim. ;-)
>
> Please respond to *this* posting to continue the conversation.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

I CANNOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 ON MY COM

RE: SERVICE PACK2 CANNOT INSTALL OR UPDATED
My Windows Vista Home Premium is Version 6.0 (Build 5001:Service Pack1) I
CANNOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 ON MY COMPUTER,I"D TRY TO DOWNLOAD SERVICE PACK2
CANNOT,WHY? What should I do? Thanks…

jude

"albingkim" wrote:

> I CANNOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 ON MY COMPUTER,I"D TRY TO DOWNLOAD SERVICE
> PACK2 CANNOT,WHY?BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER,I" M
> TIRED TO FIND SERVICE PACK2 IN WINDOWS UPDATE SO WAHEN?HOW?TO INSTALL SERVICE
> PACK2 PLS.ANSWER ME BYE

Robert Aldwinckle

"I CANNOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 ON MY COM" <ICANNOTINSTALLSERVICEPACK2ONMYCOM@discussions.mic rosoft.com> wrote in message
newsC30706C-808E-4A05-BE53-55BCB5D201A8@microsoft.com...
> My Windows Vista Home Premium is Version 6.0 (Build 5001:Service Pack1) I
> CANNOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 ON MY COMPUTER,I"D TRY TO DOWNLOAD SERVICE PACK2
> CANNOT,

> WHY?

Probably because everybody else is trying to too?

> What should I do?

Wait your turn.

> Thanks.

YW

> jude
>
> "albingkim" wrote:
>
>> I CANNOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 ON MY COMPUTER,I"D TRY TO DOWNLOAD SERVICE
>> PACK2 CANNOT,WHY?BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER,I" M
>> TIRED TO FIND SERVICE PACK2 IN WINDOWS UPDATE SO WAHEN?HOW?TO INSTALL SERVICE
>> PACK2 PLS.ANSWER ME BYE

Re: SERVICE PACK2 CANNOT INSTALL OR UPDATED
Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009. Availability of
chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. For
customers residing in North America, chat and e-mail support is available.

Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034
& select appropriate category (e.g., Installation).

I CANNOT INSTALL SERVICE PACK2 ON MY COM

Re: SERVICE PACK2 CANNOT INSTALL OR UPDATED
Thanks a lot My Operarting System is Windows Vista Home Premium version 6.0
Service Pack 1. I am updating to Service pack 2 and downloading KB 948465.
Upon Installation I got message error updating unsucessful. What should I do?
Any solution? thanks a lot

Re: SERVICE PACK2 CANNOT INSTALL OR UPDATED
See...

How to troubleshoot Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service pack
installation issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366

Or you can obtain free support from MS: Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (e.g., Installation) then click on CONTINUE to
see your available options (e.g., Email Support; Chat Support; Phone
Support, depending on where you reside).

Installation Tips:

• Your computer will restart several times during the installation process:
Make certain you've saved your work and closed all open applications before
beginning the install.

• Disable (1) your anti-virus application, (2) any real-time system
protections afforded by any anti-spyware applications (except Defender), &
(3) your third-party firewall (if any) and then (4) enable the Windows
Firewall before installing (or, should the need arise, uninstalling) Vista
SP2.

• The installation process can take an hour or more: If you're installing
SP2 on a portable computer, make sure that you plug-in the power cord and
have the battery inserted into its bay.