winndows 8 update

Alex

winndows 8 update
I have just installed winows 8 and rebooted as instructed but nothing has
changed. I have checked and according to the info the download was succesful.
How do I get it to run? I am a complete novice so simple answers would be
appreciated.
--
Alex

Re: winndows 8 update
Those with Windows *Internet Explorer* 8-specific questions or comments can
post to and seek support in IE General newsgroup:

On the web:

In your newsreader:

Alex wrote:
> I have just installed winows 8 and rebooted as instructed but nothing has
> changed. I have checked and according to the info the download was
> succesful. How do I get it to run? I am a complete novice so simple
> answers would be appreciated.

Shenan Stanley

Re: winndows 8 update
Alex wrote:
> I have just installed winows 8 and rebooted as instructed but
> nothing has changed. I have checked and according to the info the
> download was succesful. How do I get it to run? I am a complete
> novice so simple answers would be appreciated.

Better explanations (more detailed, accurate) are needed in order for those
here to understand what youare seeing/doing/have tried/etc...

You say, for example, you just installed "Windows 8". There's a few ways
that could go. You could mean you just installed the "Windows 7 Release
Candidate" and mistakenly called it "8" instead of "7" or it could mean you
installed some other product that is 8th in its version (Internet Explorer
8, for example.) It could also mean, given your subject, that you installed
an update for whatever product you are trying to refer to.

Please - explain using the exact words that are given to you on the screen
and in the most accurate way possible. You have to draw us a picture of
what you see, pretty much.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Alex

Re: winndows 8 update
Dear SS, It was infact Internet Explorer 8 and was downloaded from the
Microsoft updates site but the new features don't seem to be there.
--
Alex