error 80246008,tried fixs,BITS still not opening

FUNBYSUN

error 80246008,tried fixs,BITS still not opening
Got an error(80246008)
with the windows update,got vista premium with sp1,downloaded bits fixup
tool,but it says BITS repair is not required.But when i open up services
,there is no BITS there.I thin k it might be a registry trouble,plz
help!!!!!!!!!
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: error 80246008,tried fixs,BITS still not opening

"FUNBYSUN" <FUNBYSUN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:912AABEE-D28B-440C-A0F6-3640F3D9B741@microsoft.com...
> Got an error(80246008)
> with the windows update,got vista premium with sp1,downloaded bits fixup
> tool,but it says BITS repair is not required.

> But when i open up services ,there is no BITS there.

You need to Run... services.msc as Administrator to see that,
e.g. not just try to use the Services tab in Task Manager.

Alternatively, in a cmd.exe window, also Run as... Administrator
enter:

bitsadmin /util /version /verbose

> I thin k it might be a registry trouble,plz
> help!!!!!!!!!

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

FUNBYSUN

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "FUNBYSUN" <FUNBYSUN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:912AABEE-D28B-440C-A0F6-3640F3D9B741@microsoft.com...
> > Got an error(80246008)
> > with the windows update,got vista premium with sp1,downloaded bits fixup
> > tool,but it says BITS repair is not required.

> > But when i open up services ,there is no BITS there.

> You need to Run... services.msc as Administrator to see that,
> e.g. not just try to use the Services tab in Task Manager.
>
> Alternatively, in a cmd.exe window, also Run as... Administrator
> enter:
>
> bitsadmin /util /version /verbose
>

> > I thin k it might be a registry trouble,plz
> > help!!!!!!!!!

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Thanx pal,tried the above,via cmd.exe
it says
""is bits secondary service active?--NO
bits sewcondary service path -- N/A
pending file operations---none
unable to connect to bits- 0*80070424

What should I do now???

Re: error 80246008,tried fixs,BITS still not opening
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

"FUNBYSUN" <FUNBYSUN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF7EB4DB-25F1-44D1-A5C2-D026662DB0DC@microsoft.com...

> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>

>> "FUNBYSUN" <FUNBYSUN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:912AABEE-D28B-440C-A0F6-3640F3D9B741@microsoft.com...
>> > Got an error(80246008)
>> > with the windows update,got vista premium with sp1,downloaded bits fixup
>> > tool,but it says BITS repair is not required.

>> > But when i open up services ,there is no BITS there.

>> You need to Run... services.msc as Administrator to see that,
>> e.g. not just try to use the Services tab in Task Manager.
>>
>> Alternatively, in a cmd.exe window, also Run as... Administrator
>> enter:
>>
>> bitsadmin /util /version /verbose
>>

>> > I thin k it might be a registry trouble,plz
>> > help!!!!!!!!!

>> HTH
>>
>> Robert Aldwinckle
>> ---
>>

> Thanx pal,tried the above,via cmd.exe
> it says
> ""is bits secondary service active?--NO
> bits sewcondary service path -- N/A
> pending file operations---none
> unable to connect to bits- 0*80070424

<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>set /a c = 0x424
1060
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

</cmd_output>

> What should I do now???

Well, the bitsadmin /util command has a repair option
but if PA Bear is correct that probably won't have any lasting effect.

Good luck

Robert
---