Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Erro

twmv

Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Erro
I try to install the following update using Windows Update:

Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Error

and I get error Code 80070103 (Windows encountered an unknown error.).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

--
Tom

Re: Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Erro
You're tring to install what? ...in which Windows version?

twmv wrote:
> I try to install the following update using Windows Update:
>
> Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Error
>
> and I get error Code 80070103 (Windows encountered an unknown error.).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Wrath

Re: Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
I'm getting the exact same error with this update. Additionally, ever since
getting the failed message I'm unable to log into certain websites as well.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You're tring to install what? ...in which Windows version?
>
> twmv wrote:
> > I try to install the following update using Windows Update:
> >
> > Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Error
> >
> > and I get error Code 80070103 (Windows encountered an unknown error.).
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,

MowGreen

Re: Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Open Device Manager. [*Right* click My Computer either on the Desktop or
Start Menu and choose ' Manage' ]
Locate the Network Adapter and click the arrow next to it.
Double left click on Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 , click the
Driver tab.
Click the Roll Back Driver button.
Restart the system and see if network connectivity is restored.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Wrath wrote:

> I'm getting the exact same error with this update. Additionally, ever since
> getting the failed message I'm unable to log into certain websites as well.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>

>>You're tring to install what? ...in which Windows version?
>>
>>twmv wrote:
>>
>>>I try to install the following update using Windows Update:
>>>
>>>Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Error
>>>
>>>and I get error Code 80070103 (Windows encountered an unknown error.).
>>>
>>>Any suggestions?
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance,

davidbaldwin

RE: Intel-Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Error
ditto. Vista Windows Update, this was listed as an optional update:

Intel - Network - Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Download size: 244 KB
Update type: Optional
DriverUpdate: Intel Network software update released in January, 2008

Publish date is 5/7/2009 (May 7th)
Says above that Intel Network Software update released Jan 08?

Error 80070103 suggests that one problem may be "trying to install a driver
that is already installed on your computer or a driver that has a lower
compatibility rating than one you already have installed. "

I went to Device Manager and tried to update the driver there. I already
have a Jan 08 driver and the result is it tells me I have the latest driver.
So this 5/7/2009 published update seems to be bogus, or useless... something
isn't right.

--
DB

"twmv" wrote:

> I try to install the following update using Windows Update:
>
> Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Error
>
> and I get error Code 80070103 (Windows encountered an unknown error.).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Tom

L.A.

RE: Intel-Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Er
I too have the same problem. I have Vista and I get error message 80070103,
The other updates I installed all took, including the one from Realtek. I
think that driver updates should be mandatory when an update is installed.
The program people should insist on this. Otherwise, they are purposely
creating an aftermarket situation, and I can't figure out how to fix the
problems they create for us. What's the magic potion for this error ailment?
Please, help.

"davidbaldwin" wrote:

> ditto. Vista Windows Update, this was listed as an optional update:
>
> Intel - Network - Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
> Download size: 244 KB
> Update type: Optional
> DriverUpdate: Intel Network software update released in January, 2008
>
> Publish date is 5/7/2009 (May 7th)
> Says above that Intel Network Software update released Jan 08?
>
> Error 80070103 suggests that one problem may be "trying to install a driver
> that is already installed on your computer or a driver that has a lower
> compatibility rating than one you already have installed. "
>
> I went to Device Manager and tried to update the driver there. I already
> have a Jan 08 driver and the result is it tells me I have the latest driver.
> So this 5/7/2009 published update seems to be bogus, or useless... something
> isn't right.
>
> --
> DB
>

> "twmv" wrote:
>
> > I try to install the following update using Windows Update:
> >
> > Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Error
> >
> > and I get error Code 80070103 (Windows encountered an unknown error.).
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > --
> > Tom

davidbaldwin

Re: Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Error

Same same. Just as I wrote above, it is now We June 3rd and I completed
the Vista Service Pack 2 installation. The 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network is
still listed as an optional update, but the details are still January
08, so this continues to not make any sense at all why this old update
is available.
davidbaldwin

--
davidbaldwin
davidbaldwin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/103106.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

fastburner

Re: Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Hey Guys,

Just like everyone else, I'm having the exact same problem. The best way to
avoid this isssue is to just fix it yourself! You can do this by downloading
the updated driver from Intel's website (which is a pain for finding what you
want). I have posted a link so that you can download the driver for the
Intel 82566 model network connection.

http://www.intel.com/support/etherne.../CS-029661.htm

Two things I need to say. First, Downloading this driver is the newest
driver as it comes directly from Intel. The driver date is 12/4/2008. But
after installing this update you can run the windows update and it'll say
that you have a newer driver availible which IS NOT the latest driver. I
know it has a newer release date but it doesn't install a newer driver date.
Anyway, After installing the Intel Driver from the link above, it will allow
you to install the windows driver without any issues should you choose too.

Second, My Recomendation: Install the Intel Driver from Intel's website and
hide the driver update from Windows update. This will insure you have the
latest update and after hiding the update, you won't be able to see it again
so it won't make you feel that you havn't updated your system completely.

Hope this helps and have a great day.

"davidbaldwin" wrote:

> Same same. Just as I wrote above, it is now We June 3rd and I completed
> the Vista Service Pack 2 installation. The 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network is
> still listed as an optional update, but the details are still January
> 08, so this continues to not make any sense at all why this old update
> is available.
> davidbaldwin
>

> --
> davidbaldwin
> davidbaldwin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/103106.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1176211.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

sennungi

RE: Intel-Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Er

I really have not yet seen a solution, but rather explanations as to why
this error occurs!
And even the solution suggested by Microsoft ('hiding the update from the
+sign), I do not see a '+ sign' under the title!
Is Microsoft (Windows Vista) becomming more 'unfriendly', disorganised or is
it me instead getting more confused by (new) software ?!

"davidbaldwin" wrote:

> ditto. Vista Windows Update, this was listed as an optional update:
>
> Intel - Network - Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
> Download size: 244 KB
> Update type: Optional
> DriverUpdate: Intel Network software update released in January, 2008
>
> Publish date is 5/7/2009 (May 7th)
> Says above that Intel Network Software update released Jan 08?
>
> Error 80070103 suggests that one problem may be "trying to install a driver
> that is already installed on your computer or a driver that has a lower
> compatibility rating than one you already have installed. "
>
> I went to Device Manager and tried to update the driver there. I already
> have a Jan 08 driver and the result is it tells me I have the latest driver.
> So this 5/7/2009 published update seems to be bogus, or useless... something
> isn't right.
>
> --
> DB
>

> "twmv" wrote:
>
> > I try to install the following update using Windows Update:
> >
> > Intel - Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Error
> >
> > and I get error Code 80070103 (Windows encountered an unknown error.).
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > --
> > Tom

rtb

RE: Intel-Network Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection Er
To hide an available update, right click on the update and select 'hide'. It
will not show up on the next update.