Windows Update

Liverpool-Ian

Windows Update
Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)

I have Vista Home Premium on automatic update and every day for the past ten
days it has successfully pdated the above service pack. How do I stop it from
continually updating
Ǝиçεl

RE: Windows Update

Hello Liverpool-Ian,

See this related thread:

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=5d35b b3a-1641-41df-bcc5-35fbe1e9e7c0&mid=5d35bb3a-1641-41df-bcc5-35fbe1e9e7c0>

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Liverpool-Ian" wrote:

> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)
>
> I have Vista Home Premium on automatic update and every day for the past ten
> days it has successfully pdated the above service pack. How do I stop it from
> continually updating

TaurArian

Re: Windows Update
Did you check the known issues?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430

Did you see in the article "How to obtain help and support for this security
update"?

Have you tried manually installing the said update in safe mode?

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Liverpool-Ian" <Liverpool-Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> (KB954430)
>
> I have Vista Home Premium on automatic update and every day for the past
> ten
> days it has successfully pdated the above service pack. How do I stop it
> from
> continually updating

Tanglewood

Re: Windows Update
It will not let me download manually in safe mode. This is so frustrating
getting the same update all the time. It must have updated on my computer at
least 100 times as this stage.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Did you check the known issues?
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430
>
> Did you see in the article "How to obtain help and support for this security
> update"?
>
> Have you tried manually installing the said update in safe mode?
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> "Liverpool-Ian" <Liverpool-Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> > (KB954430)
> >
> > I have Vista Home Premium on automatic update and every day for the past
> > ten
> > days it has successfully pdated the above service pack. How do I stop it
> > from
> > continually updating

Re: Windows Update
Repost:

Tanglewood wrote:
> It will not let me download manually in safe mode. This is so frustrating
> getting the same update all the time. It must have updated on my computer
> at least 100 times as this stage.
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> Did you check the known issues?
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430
>>
>> Did you see in the article "How to obtain help and support for this
>> security update"?
>>
>> Have you tried manually installing the said update in safe mode?
>>
>> --
>>
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>> ======================================
>> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
>> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>>

>> "Liverpool-Ian" <Liverpool-Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>>> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
>>> (KB954430)
>>>
>>> I have Vista Home Premium on automatic update and every day for the past
>>> ten
>>> days it has successfully pdated the above service pack. How do I stop it
>>> from
>>> continually updating

Tanglewood

Re: Windows Update
Thank you for your reply. Since installing Windows Vista Service Pack 2
released on the 30th June this has now solved the problem.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Repost:
> > Did you see in [KB944530] "How to obtain help and support for this
> > security
> > update"?

> Tanglewood wrote:
> > It will not let me download manually in safe mode. This is so frustrating
> > getting the same update all the time. It must have updated on my computer
> > at least 100 times as this stage.
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you check the known issues?
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954430
> >>
> >> Did you see in the article "How to obtain help and support for this
> >> security update"?
> >>
> >> Have you tried manually installing the said update in safe mode?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> >> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> >> ======================================
> >> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> >> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
> >>

> >> "Liverpool-Ian" <Liverpool-Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Re: Windows Update
YW & thanks for your feedback (from both of us).

Tanglewood wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. Since installing Windows Vista Service Pack 2
> released on the 30th June this has now solved the problem.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Repost:
>>> Did you see in [KB944530] "How to obtain help and support for this
>>> security
>>> update"?