Update Error

Tinman

Update Error
I have been having trouble updating my XP Pro .
It keeps comming up with this Error

[Error number: 0x80072EFF]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:
Need help before I take a step and reformat
Dave

Ǝиçεl

RE: Update Error
Hello Tinman,

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates:

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941>
-=-

Good luck
-=-

"Tinman" wrote:

> I have been having trouble updating my XP Pro .
> It keeps comming up with this Error
>

> [Error number: 0x80072EFF]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> For self-help options:
> Need help before I take a step and reformat
> Dave

Re: Update Error
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
this newsgroup.

Is this a sudden, new problem? Is Automatic Updates enabled or can you
enable it & find it still enabled after a reboot?

Tinman wrote:
> I have been having trouble updating my XP Pro .
> It keeps comming up with this Error
>

> [Error number: 0x80072EFF]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> problem.
> For self-help options:
> Need help before I take a step and reformat
> Dave

Tinman

Re: Update Error
Sorry About not leavinf enough info on my OS.
Its Windows XP PRO SP3.
This problem has only started about 4 days ago. As for the enabling the
update on my system is is and has been on.
I also have reset my explorer 8 too default hoping it would help..
Didnt work so I restored to a earier time.
I was able too get too most websites after but still not Updating .

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
> this newsgroup.
>
> Is this a sudden, new problem? Is Automatic Updates enabled or can you
> enable it & find it still enabled after a reboot?
>
> Tinman wrote:
> > I have been having trouble updating my XP Pro .
> > It keeps comming up with this Error
> >

> > [Error number: 0x80072EFF]
> > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> > trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> > problem.
> > For self-help options:
> > Need help before I take a step and reformat
> > Dave

Re: Update Error
Did you install IE8 about 4 days ago?

> Didnt work so I restored to a earier time.

What does that mean? Did you select & use a Restore Point? If so, what was
the date of the Restore Point?

Tinman wrote:
> Sorry About not leavinf enough info on my OS.
> Its Windows XP PRO SP3.
> This problem has only started about 4 days ago. As for the enabling the
> update on my system is is and has been on.
> I also have reset my explorer 8 too default hoping it would help..
> Didnt work so I restored to a earier time.
> I was able too get too most websites after but still not Updating .
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
>> this newsgroup.
>>
>> Is this a sudden, new problem? Is Automatic Updates enabled or can you
>> enable it & find it still enabled after a reboot?
>>
>> Tinman wrote:
>>> I have been having trouble updating my XP Pro .
>>> It keeps comming up with this Error
>>>
>>> [Error number: 0x80072EFF]
>>> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
>>> are
>>> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
>>> problem.
>>> For self-help options:

<SNIP>