Critical Windowsw Update

Aloysius Tan

Critical Windowsw Update
Invariably I am being prompted to install a critical update designed to apply
the Windows Genuine Advantage tool which. Intstallation after downloading
invariably fails because however fails the utility has already been installed
more than 1 year ago according to the reading on my control panel.

Please advise how I can get rid of this prompt or disable it?

Re: Critical Windowsw Update
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

Are you referring to KB905474?

Aloysius Tan wrote:
> Invariably I am being prompted to install a critical update designed to
> apply the Windows Genuine Advantage tool which. Intstallation after
> downloading invariably fails because however fails the utility has already
> been installed more than 1 year ago according to the reading on my control
> panel.
>
> Please advise how I can get rid of this prompt or disable it?

Ǝиçεl

RE: Critical Windowsw Update

Update to WGA Notifications for Windows XP Pro

http://blogs.msdn.com/wga/archive/20...ws-xp-pro.aspx
--

<http://blogs.msdn.com/wga>

Download.-
Date Published 3/24/2009
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=afd45b36-3d77-4259-801c-d31a9a90cdcf&DisplayLang=en>

That to C: and then run it.

Please let us know if the pяoblem remains

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Aloysius Tan" wrote:

> Invariably I am being prompted to install a critical update designed to apply
> the Windows Genuine Advantage tool which. Intstallation after downloading
> invariably fails because however fails the utility has already been installed
> more than 1 year ago according to the reading on my control panel.
>
> Please advise how I can get rid of this prompt or disable it?

Re: Critical Windowsw Update
[Please don't use a double-hyphen as a separator. As you'll see below,
doing so will strip out any new message content beneath it when replying to
your post using OE.]

Ǝиçεl wrote:
> Update to WGA Notifications for Windows XP Pro
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/wga/archive/20...ws-xp-pro.aspx
>
>> Invariably I am being prompted to install a critical update designed to
>> apply the Windows Genuine Advantage tool which. Intstallation after
>> downloading invariably fails because however fails the utility has
>> already
>> been installed more than 1 year ago according to the reading on my
>> control
>> panel.
>>
>> Please advise how I can get rid of this prompt or disable it?

msn