KB955430

Sorin Sandu

KB955430
I've tried install KB955430 but it never ends
Also when apply SP2 for Vista it starts also with KB955430 and also never
ends.
Any solutions ?

TaurArian

Re: KB955430
"Known Issue

If you install this update through Windows Update, you may receive error
800F082F.

This update cannot be installed with other updates. Therefore, if you
previously installed other updates without a restart, and then you try to
install this update, you may receive error 800F082F. To resolve this issue,
restart your computer, and then install this update again."

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430

Down the bottom of the page is a link to "get help now" if the above error
is not your problem.
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Sorin Sandu" <ssandu@msn.com> wrote in message
> I've tried install KB955430 but it never ends
> Also when apply SP2 for Vista it starts also with KB955430 and also never
> ends.
> Any solutions ?

KB955430

RE: KB955430

"Sorin Sandu" wrote:

> I've tried install KB955430 but it never ends
> Also when apply SP2 for Vista it starts also with KB955430 and also never
> ends.
> Any solutions ?

Sorin Sandu

Re: KB955430
I said No errors.
It stays for a day and a night at 92%

"TaurArian" <taurarian@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
> "Known Issue
>
> If you install this update through Windows Update, you may receive error
> 800F082F.
>
> This update cannot be installed with other updates. Therefore, if you
> previously installed other updates without a restart, and then you try to
> install this update, you may receive error 800F082F. To resolve this
> issue, restart your computer, and then install this update again."
>
> Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430
>
> Down the bottom of the page is a link to "get help now" if the above error
> is not your problem.
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> ======================================
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> "Sorin Sandu" <ssandu@msn.com> wrote in message
>> I've tried install KB955430 but it never ends
>> Also when apply SP2 for Vista it starts also with KB955430 and also never
>> ends.
>> Any solutions ?

Re: KB955430
From what source did you download Vista SP2, Sorin?

Is a beta or RC build of Vista SP2 still installed?

Since Vista SP2 hasn't been released to Windows Update yet, we really don't
have any resources for you.

Sorin Sandu wrote:
> I've tried install KB955430 but it never ends
> Also when apply SP2 for Vista it starts also with KB955430 and also never
> ends.
> Any solutions ?

Ǝиçεl

RE: KB955430
Hello Sorin,

Please double-check that KB number.

Is KB955430 -or- KB954430

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Sorin Sandu" wrote:

> I've tried install KB955430 but it never ends
> Also when apply SP2 for Vista it starts also with KB955430 and also never
> ends.
> Any solutions ?

TaurArian

Re: KB955430
Then repeat: >> Down the bottom of the page is a link to "get help now" if
the above error

--

>I said No errors.
> It stays for a day and a night at 92%
>
> "TaurArian" <taurarian@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
>> "Known Issue
>>
>> If you install this update through Windows Update, you may receive error
>> 800F082F.
>>
>> This update cannot be installed with other updates. Therefore, if you
>> previously installed other updates without a restart, and then you try to
>> install this update, you may receive error 800F082F. To resolve this
>> issue, restart your computer, and then install this update again."
>>
>> Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430
>>
>> Down the bottom of the page is a link to "get help now" if the above
>> error is not your problem.
>> --
>>
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>> ======================================
>> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
>> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>>

>> "Sorin Sandu" <ssandu@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> I've tried install KB955430 but it never ends
>>> Also when apply SP2 for Vista it starts also with KB955430 and also
>>> never ends.
>>> Any solutions ?

tankstage

RE: KB955430

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Hello Sorin,
>
> Please double-check that KB number.
>
> Is KB955430 -or- KB954430
>

> Ǝиçεl
> -=-
>
> "Sorin Sandu" wrote:
>
> > I've tried install KB955430 but it never ends
> > Also when apply SP2 for Vista it starts also with KB955430 and also never
> > ends.
> > Any solutions ?

I have been having the same problem with KB955430.
It gets to 51% when installing and then stops, with a quad core 6600
running at about 40% usage!!
Going through the get help process with a Microsoft Rep via email, ended up
in hiding the update.
Not realy a fix !!

Mattias

RE: KB955430
been having same problems tried at least 10 times and every time when it is
installing during logoff of computer it does not end , had 1time it
starting to logoff/install and left it there for around 5 hours when i
returned still trying to logoff/install so had to manual turn the pc off as i
hafto do every time it tries to install the update. whats with this update
that messes up the pc ?? because its a "inportant" update i realy whould like
to get it installed.

"tankstage" wrote:

> "Ǝиçεl" wrote:
>
> > Hello Sorin,
> >
> > Please double-check that KB number.
> >
> > Is KB955430 -or- KB954430
> >

> > Ǝиçεl
> > -=-
> >
> > "Sorin Sandu" wrote:
> >
> > > I've tried install KB955430 but it never ends
> > > Also when apply SP2 for Vista it starts also with KB955430 and also never
> > > ends.
> > > Any solutions ?
> > >

> I have been having the same problem with KB955430.
> It gets to 51% when installing and then stops, with a quad core 6600
> running at about 40% usage!!
> Going through the get help process with a Microsoft Rep via email, ended up
> in hiding the update.
> Not realy a fix !!

dal987 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: KB955430
Hi, could you confirm that when it fails, it is repeatedly reading

C:\Windows\servicing\Version\6.0.6001.18000
If you have Vista SP1, which you installed (rather than the manufacturer) I'd be really grateful if you could send me a copy of the content of that folder.. especially if you have succeeded in installing KB955430.
I've gone thru several iterations with MS update support, but they keep suggesting silly things, like "install SP2". But you can't until you install this update! Etc..
You can use Sysinternals Process Monitor to check that.

Could you also say whether your Vista came pre-installed with SP1, or whether you installed it yourself?

One theory (guess) I have is KB955430 can't cope with a streamlined install with no add-remove for SP1.