Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

0x64c error installing windows desktop search 4

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2009
Michael
 

Posts: n/a
0x64c error installing windows desktop search 4
On Windows XP sp 3 office standard sp 2 with termincal services running I get
a 0x64C error trying to apply this update.

Any Ideas?
--
Thanks

Michael
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 0x64c error installing windows desktop search 4
1. Uninstall your current version of Windows Desktop Search via Add/Remove
Programs (if installed).

2. Reboot.

3. Download/install Windows Search 4 manually, if desired:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro.../getitnow.mspx
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


Michael wrote:
> On Windows XP sp 3 office standard sp 2 with termincal services running I
> get a 0x64C error trying to apply this update.
>
> Any Ideas?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2009
Michael
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 0x64c error installing windows desktop search 4
I have tried uninstalling version 3. it will not uninstall stating:

the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
unavailable

it has a dropdown with a browse button. When I click the browse button the
MSI package it is complaining about is in the folder.

Is there a way to force the uninstall or manually remove it?
--
Thanks

Michael


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> 1. Uninstall your current version of Windows Desktop Search via Add/Remove
> Programs (if installed).
>
> 2. Reboot.
>
> 3. Download/install Windows Search 4 manually, if desired:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro.../getitnow.mspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
>
> Michael wrote:
> > On Windows XP sp 3 office standard sp 2 with termincal services running I
> > get a 0x64C error trying to apply this update.
> >
> > Any Ideas?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 0x64c error installing windows desktop search 4
Does "office standard sp 2" mean that you also recently installed Office
2007 SP2? Did you attempt to install Office 2007 SP2 and Windows Search 4
concurrently?

The above notwithstanding, your best bet would be to begin a new thread
here, please:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...chhelp/threads
--
~PA Bear

Michael wrote:
> I have tried uninstalling version 3. it will not uninstall stating:
>
> the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
> unavailable
>
> it has a dropdown with a browse button. When I click the browse button
> the
> MSI package it is complaining about is in the folder.
>
> Is there a way to force the uninstall or manually remove it?
>
>> 1. Uninstall your current version of Windows Desktop Search via
>> Add/Remove
>> Programs (if installed).
>>
>> 2. Reboot.
>>
>> 3. Download/install Windows Search 4 manually, if desired:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro.../getitnow.mspx
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>
>>
>> Michael wrote:
>>> On Windows XP sp 3 office standard sp 2 with termincal services running
>>> I
>>> get a 0x64C error trying to apply this update.
>>>
>>> Any Ideas?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KB955706 update gets 0x64C error DonaldT microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 02-07-2009 15:57
KB955305 Error Code: 0x64C MikeW microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 10-28-2008 14:58
Error Code 0x64C: KB936181 for SP2 XP Professional Cie microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 09-22-2008 21:25
Error Code 0x64C when installing Security BrianMultiLanguage microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 05-14-2008 20:03
Error code 0x64C starrlight9999 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 01-25-2008 08:08




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:57.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120