error code 80070490

jpic58

error code 80070490
For anyone who gets error code 80070490 in windows update on a computer
running the windows vista operating system. YOU WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL YOUR
OPERATING SYSTEM! There is no other way.

Re: error code 80070490
If the error was caused by a hijackware infection, yes, a format & clean
install is the best way to resolve all the problems.

jpic58 wrote:
> For anyone who gets error code 80070490 in windows update on a computer
> running the windows vista operating system. YOU WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL
> YOUR
> OPERATING SYSTEM! There is no other way.

kurt cobain

RE: error codigo 80080005
nesecito solucionar este problema

"jpic58" wrote:

> For anyone who gets error code 80070490 in windows update on a computer
> running the windows vista operating system. YOU WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL YOUR
> OPERATING SYSTEM! There is no other way.

Ǝиçεl

RE: error code 80070490

You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>

View products that this article applies to.
• Microsoft Windows Update
• Microsoft Update
Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 Windows Vista and Windows
Server 2008
-=-

"jpic58" wrote:

> For anyone who gets error code 80070490 in windows update on a computer
> running the windows vista operating system. YOU WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL YOUR
> OPERATING SYSTEM! There is no other way.

kcowan

RE: error code 80070490
What am I suppose to do if I don't have my install DVD?

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
> Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
>
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>
>
> View products that this article applies to.
> • Microsoft Windows Update
> • Microsoft Update
> Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 Windows Vista and Windows
> Server 2008
> -=-
>

> "jpic58" wrote:
>
> > For anyone who gets error code 80070490 in windows update on a computer
> > running the windows vista operating system. YOU WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL YOUR
> > OPERATING SYSTEM! There is no other way.

jpic58

RE: error code 80070490

Do you have a recovery partition on your computer?
"kcowan" wrote:

> What am I suppose to do if I don't have my install DVD?
>
> "Ǝиçεl" wrote:
>

> > You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
> > Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
> >
> > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>
> >
> > View products that this article applies to.
> > • Microsoft Windows Update
> > • Microsoft Update
> > Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 Windows Vista and Windows
> > Server 2008
> > -=-
> >

> > "jpic58" wrote:
> >
> > > For anyone who gets error code 80070490 in windows update on a computer
> > > running the windows vista operating system. YOU WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL YOUR
> > > OPERATING SYSTEM! There is no other way.

Re: error code 80070490
You can start by beginning your own, new thread.

kcowan wrote:
> What am I suppose to do if I don't have my install DVD?
>
> "Ǝиçεl" wrote:
>

>> You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
>> Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
>>
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>
>>
>> View products that this article applies to.
>> • Microsoft Windows Update
>> • Microsoft Update
>> Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 Windows Vista and
>> Windows
>> Server 2008
>> -=-
>>

>> "jpic58" wrote:
>>
>>> For anyone who gets error code 80070490 in windows update on a computer
>>> running the windows vista operating system. YOU WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL
>>> YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM! There is no other way.

kcowan

RE: error code 80070490
In my computer there is a seperate D: drive entitled recovery.

"jpic58" wrote:

> Do you have a recovery partition on your computer?
> "kcowan" wrote:
>
> > What am I suppose to do if I don't have my install DVD?
> >
> > "Ǝиçεl" wrote:
> >

> > > You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or
> > > Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
> > >
> > > <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>
> > >
> > > View products that this article applies to.
> > > • Microsoft Windows Update
> > > • Microsoft Update
> > > Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 Windows Vista and Windows
> > > Server 2008
> > > -=-

Johnnyphive

RE: error code 80070490
Is it not sufficient to do a repair install so you keep all files and programs?

What is causing the problem.

"jpic58" wrote:
> For anyone who gets error code 80070490 in windows update on a computer
> running the windows vista operating system. YOU WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL YOUR
> OPERATING SYSTEM! There is no other way.

computerfixer412

RE: error code 80070490
Sorry jpic58,

Your post is incorrect. You can obtain the correct install package for your
operating system from this website:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS09-048.mspx

Manually installing the update should work for most users unless there is a
greater underlying issue. Reboot your system and try the manual installation
for your OS.

If it installs correctly, reboot again and do a search for updates - problem
should be resolved.