IE 8 not installed

99XJ

IE 8 not installed

--
Win XP Home, SP2

I downloaded the IE8 update but apparently it didn't install
do I have to have SP3 installed first?

Re: IE 8 not installed
No (but if you don't have WinXP SP3 installed by July 2010, you won't
receive any further critical security updates).

IE8 System Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...uirements.aspx

HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220

environment.
=> US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
=> Other locales: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...px?&prid=13043

My personal recommendations include:

=> Install IE8 manually, not via Windows Update/Automatic Updates!!

=> Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.

=> Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> I would strongly recommend disabling your anti-virus application and any
anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's)
before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a
third-party firewall, I would recommend disabling it and then enabling the
Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.

=> Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8.

=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> For best chance of success with IE8, make certain that your anti-virus
application, any anti-spyware applications (other than Defender), and your
third-party firewall (if any) are supported in IE8 Final before you decide
install it.

PS: If you're going to include a signature in your posts, add it below the
message body.
--
IE-specific newsgroup:

99XJ wrote:
> I downloaded the IE8 update but apparently it didn't install
> do I have to have SP3 installed first?

99XJ

Re: IE 8 not installed
I got it. Before it was downloaded with 6 other updates, I went back to
Windows Update manually and only checked IE8. Thanks

Re: IE 8 not installed
You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.

99XJ wrote:
> I got it. Before it was downloaded with 6 other updates, I went back to
> Windows Update manually and only checked IE8. Thanks

<paste>