Internet explorer 8

N.D.H.

Internet explorer 8
I installed explorer 8 and it didn't work. I uninstalled it, and the explorer
7 didn't work. I reinstalled 8 and it still wont work?
TaurArian

RE: Internet explorer 8
Did IE7 work prior to installing IE8?

"N.D.H." wrote:

> I installed explorer 8 and it didn't work. I uninstalled it, and the explorer
> 7 didn't work. I reinstalled 8 and it still wont work?

Re: Internet explorer 8
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

Do you have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
--
LOOK!! => IE-specific newsgroup:

N.D.H. wrote:
> I installed explorer 8 and it didn't work. I uninstalled it, and the
> explorer 7 didn't work. I reinstalled 8 and it still wont work?

N.D.H.

RE: Internet explorer 8

I was using explorer seven and it was working. The problems started after I
installed 8. I tried a restore point and it didn't work.

I have windows xp, and I use defender pro anti virus etc.

Re: Internet explorer 8
[crosspost to IE General]

To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you quote all of the previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.

Repost:
> [Was "defender pro anti virus etc." (?)] running in the background when
> you
> installed [and/or uninstalled and/or reinstalled] IE8?

~PA Bear

N.D.H. wrote:
> I was using explorer seven and it was working. The problems started after
> installed 8. I tried a restore point and it didn't work.
>
> I have windows xp, and I use defender pro anti virus etc.

<paste>
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
> installed
> IE8?

> Do you have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
>
> N.D.H. wrote:
>> I installed explorer 8 and it didn't work. I uninstalled it, and the
>> explorer 7 didn't work. I reinstalled 8 and it still wont work?

N.D.H.

RE: Internet explorer 8
It seems that my anti-virus proram is messing up my explorer. When I disable
the startup stuff (including the anti virus), the explorer works. It's funny
that other browsers don't have this problem.

"N.D.H." wrote:

> I was using explorer seven and it was working. The problems started after I
> installed 8. I tried a restore point and it didn't work.
>
> I have windows xp, and I use defender pro anti virus etc.

IT Solutions Inc - itsolco.com

RE: Internet explorer 8
This is a bit delayed and may nolonger be relevant but I'm here to assist.

Try this KB article which should solve the issue. There is a automatic tool
you can download as well from the KB article below.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

"N.D.H." wrote:

> It seems that my anti-virus proram is messing up my explorer. When I disable
> the startup stuff (including the anti virus), the explorer works. It's funny
> that other browsers don't have this problem.
>
> "N.D.H." wrote:
>

> > I was using explorer seven and it was working. The problems started after I
> > installed 8. I tried a restore point and it didn't work.
> >
> > I have windows xp, and I use defender pro anti virus etc.

Re: Internet explorer 8
[If you'd read OP's first post, you'd see that he'd already uninstalled IE8
before he started this thread so KB949220 wouldn't be appropriate here. PS:
OP hasn't been heard from since 04 May and hasn't replied to any of our
posts requesting additional info & clarification.]