SP2 update

bricko12@gmail.com

SP2 update
Been to several sites over this issue. No has idea to fix it. Ive
found 2 file sizes so far. One of 274 mb and one of 290 mb. Neither
work. The 247 file size is thru the Win Update system. The 290 mb
size is on the Office update pages.

They run a short "compatibility" file when I double click and then is
says FAIL. with and error code of
80200053.

IF we keep pour system up to date...perhaps we already have all the
data? And dont need it. Maybe that is why its failing....are we
already up to date?

But I hope they get to work on this...its all over the net so its not
just 2-3 of us.

TaurArian

RE: SP2 update
Did you check:-

"If you attempt to install this update and get a message saying that the
update failed, please refer to Knowledge Base Article 968173
( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968173 ). It describes a set of
requirements and other issues that may cause the installation to fail, and
gives instructions on how to fix them. "

See also:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967642/

You receive an error message when you try to install 2007 Microsoft Office
suite service packs

"bricko12@gmail.com" wrote:

> Been to several sites over this issue. No has idea to fix it. Ive
> found 2 file sizes so far. One of 274 mb and one of 290 mb. Neither
> work. The 247 file size is thru the Win Update system. The 290 mb
> size is on the Office update pages.
>
> They run a short "compatibility" file when I double click and then is
> says FAIL. with and error code of
> 80200053.
>
> IF we keep pour system up to date...perhaps we already have all the
> data? And dont need it. Maybe that is why its failing....are we
> already up to date?
>
> But I hope they get to work on this...its all over the net so its not
> just 2-3 of us.

Re: SP2 update
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

80200053 = BG_E_VALIDATION_FAILED

Can you Validate your install of Office (2007?) using the VALIDATE NOW
button at http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/off...yvalidate.aspx ??

bricko12@gmail.com wrote:
> Been to several sites over this issue. No has idea to fix it. Ive
> found 2 file sizes so far. One of 274 mb and one of 290 mb. Neither
> work. The 247 file size is thru the Win Update system. The 290 mb
> size is on the Office update pages.
>
> They run a short "compatibility" file when I double click and then is
> says FAIL. with and error code of
> 80200053.
>
> IF we keep pour system up to date...perhaps we already have all the
> data? And dont need it. Maybe that is why its failing....are we
> already up to date?
>
> But I hope they get to work on this...its all over the net so its not
> just 2-3 of us.

mrbill

Re: SP2 update

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> 80200053 = BG_E_VALIDATION_FAILED
>

> Can you Validate your install of Office (2007?) using the VALIDATE NOW
> button at http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/off...yvalidate.aspx ??
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> bricko12@gmail.com wrote:
> > Been to several sites over this issue. No has idea to fix it. Ive
> > found 2 file sizes so far. One of 274 mb and one of 290 mb. Neither
> > work. The 247 file size is thru the Win Update system. The 290 mb
> > size is on the Office update pages.
> >
> > They run a short "compatibility" file when I double click and then is
> > says FAIL. with and error code of
> > 80200053.
> >
> > IF we keep pour system up to date...perhaps we already have all the
> > data? And dont need it. Maybe that is why its failing....are we
> > already up to date?
> >
> > But I hope they get to work on this...its all over the net so its not
> > just 2-3 of us.

I am running Vista Ultimate 64 with 4 gig Ram. Trying to update the Office
2007 SP2 package. Still no luck. Why am I finding files of 2 different
sizes. If I use the regular Win Update , it downloads a 247 mb file. If I
go to the MS Office site it is 290 mb. They are saying the 290 one is
correct.

Im thinking somethin is up on YOU GUYS end. Its on several help boards
about people stuck trying to update but FAIL. I just did a validation and
Im ok.

Thanks

Re: SP2 update
Why are you replying to my post?

mrbill wrote:
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> 80200053 = BG_E_VALIDATION_FAILED
>>

>> Can you Validate your install of Office (2007?) using the VALIDATE NOW
>> button at http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/off...yvalidate.aspx ??
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> bricko12@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Been to several sites over this issue. No has idea to fix it. Ive
>>> found 2 file sizes so far. One of 274 mb and one of 290 mb. Neither
>>> work. The 247 file size is thru the Win Update system. The 290 mb
>>> size is on the Office update pages.
>>>
>>> They run a short "compatibility" file when I double click and then is
>>> says FAIL. with and error code of
>>> 80200053.
>>>
>>> IF we keep pour system up to date...perhaps we already have all the
>>> data? And dont need it. Maybe that is why its failing....are we
>>> already up to date?
>>>
>>> But I hope they get to work on this...its all over the net so its not
>>> just 2-3 of us.

> I am running Vista Ultimate 64 with 4 gig Ram. Trying to update the
> Office
> 2007 SP2 package. Still no luck. Why am I finding files of 2 different
> sizes. If I use the regular Win Update , it downloads a 247 mb file. If
> go to the MS Office site it is 290 mb. They are saying the 290 one is
> correct.
>
> Im thinking somethin is up on YOU GUYS end. Its on several help boards
> about people stuck trying to update but FAIL. I just did a validation
> and
> Im ok.
>
> Thanks

TaurArian

Re: SP2 update
Please direct your complaints directly to whomever you are referring to when
you state "YOU GUYS".

If you are referring to MS, this newsgroup is rarely monitored by MS and
relies heavily on volunteers.

If on the other hand you require some assistance, please start your own
thread and outline your problem properly and maybe some volunteer just may be
able to assist you.

FYI I had no problem manually updating Office 2007 SP2 on a Windows XP
computer and using automatic updates and downloading the update on a Vista
Ultimate X86 computer running Office 2007.

Thank you.

"mrbill" wrote:

> I am running Vista Ultimate 64 with 4 gig Ram. Trying to update the Office
> 2007 SP2 package. Still no luck. Why am I finding files of 2 different
> sizes. If I use the regular Win Update , it downloads a 247 mb file. If I
> go to the MS Office site it is 290 mb. They are saying the 290 one is
> correct.
>
> Im thinking somethin is up on YOU GUYS end. Its on several help boards
> about people stuck trying to update but FAIL. I just did a validation and
> Im ok.
>
> Thanks

mrbill

Re: SP2 update
I guess I dont know where to reply or if to reply I thought you were talking
to me when you asked what system etc I was running. Dont understand this
format. Dont know where to post replies etc.

Thanks
Bill

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Why are you replying to my post?
>
> mrbill wrote:
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) when
> >> posting to this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> 80200053 = BG_E_VALIDATION_FAILED
> >>

> >> Can you Validate your install of Office (2007?) using the VALIDATE NOW
> >> button at http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/off...yvalidate.aspx ??
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

> > I am running Vista Ultimate 64 with 4 gig Ram. Trying to update the
> > Office
> > 2007 SP2 package. Still no luck. Why am I finding files of 2 different
> > sizes. If I use the regular Win Update , it downloads a 247 mb file. If
> > go to the MS Office site it is 290 mb. They are saying the 290 one is
> > correct.
> >
> > Im thinking somethin is up on YOU GUYS end. Its on several help boards
> > about people stuck trying to update but FAIL. I just did a validation
> > and
> > Im ok.
> >
> > Thanks

Re: SP2 update
Even if you were getting 80200053 errors when attempting to install Office
2007 SP2, you should have started your own new thread about your problem and
your computer, Bill.

To begin a new thread, click on the NEW button directly underneath the
"Search for" box.

To reply to a given post, select (highlight) the post in the central pane
and click on the REPLY button.

Thanks.

PS Top-posting (typing your Reply message above the quoted section) is the
convention here.