LOST ALL MY CONTACTS, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

legalnurseconsultant

LOST ALL MY CONTACTS, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Hi,
I lost all my contact information listed in my contact list as well as all
my dates marked on my calendar form outlook office 2007. I just recently
started using the program for my new business. Can anyone please help me
retrieve the information. I didn't have a back up system and not sure why it
erased everything on my office outlook. Much appreciated, B
Shenan Stanley

Re: LOST ALL MY CONTACTS, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
legalnurseconsultant wrote:
> I lost all my contact information listed in my contact list as well
> as all my dates marked on my calendar form outlook office 2007. I
> just recently started using the program for my new business. Can
> anyone please help me retrieve the information. I didn't have a
> back up system and not sure why it erased everything on my office
> outlook

Why did you post in the "Windows Update" newsgroup, specifically?
How do you connect to your email server?
Have you verified your PST file is gone?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Jim H

Re: LOST ALL MY CONTACTS, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Hi Shenan,
I too lost everything in Outlook 2007 it would not access the server, and
told me to contact my administrator if the problem persisted.
For me I go through earthlink and cannot seem to find my .pst file any longer.

Any help is appreciated

Jim

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> legalnurseconsultant wrote:
> > I lost all my contact information listed in my contact list as well
> > as all my dates marked on my calendar form outlook office 2007. I
> > just recently started using the program for my new business. Can
> > anyone please help me retrieve the information. I didn't have a
> > back up system and not sure why it erased everything on my office
> > outlook

> Why did you post in the "Windows Update" newsgroup, specifically?
> How do you connect to your email server?
> Have you verified your PST file is gone?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Re: LOST ALL MY CONTACTS, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Outlook-specific newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.outlook.general
***microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring***
microsoft.public.outlook.configuration
***microsoft.public.outlook.contacts***
microsoft.public.outlook.installation
microsoft.public.outlook.interop
microsoft.public.outlook.printing
microsoft.public.outlook.bcm
microsoft.public.outlook.fax
microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
microsoft.public.outlook.teamfolders
microsoft.public.outlook.thirdpartyutil

legalnurseconsultant wrote:
> Hi,
> I lost all my contact information listed in my contact list as well as all
> my dates marked on my calendar form outlook office 2007. I just recently
> started using the program for my new business. Can anyone please help me
> retrieve the information. I didn't have a back up system and not sure why
> it
> erased everything on my office outlook. Much appreciated, B

TaurArian

RE: LOST ALL MY CONTACTS, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Apparently from "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968774/"

"First startup experience Immediately after you install the SP2 update, the
first startup of Outlook will not be fast because Outlook must update
internal PST data structures that are used in SP2 performance optimizations.
This is a one-time occurrence that affects only the initial startup. The
upgrade process may take from several minutes to two hours. The time depends
on how large your PST and OST files are and on how many PST files are mounted
in the profile during the first startup. As soon as the data structures are
updated, Outlook will benefit from the improvements. "

If time doesn't fix the issue, then -