Re: KB893803v2 - Access is denied

Scott3p0

Re: KB893803v2 - Access is denied

Dear Neale:

Thank you so much! An exceptionally frustrating problem solved. I just
cold-booted my machine after the Access Denied error message and it is
working fine. I have not messed with my registry, however, and probably
will not do so unless it goes unstable.

I have had a similar problem installing Service Pack 3, and have tried
every fix Microsoft recommends. Do you think cold-booting the machine in
a similar fashion after getting the failure to install message might
solve the problem the same way?

Best,

Scott

--
Scott3p0
Scott3p0's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95815.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: KB893803v2 - Access is denied
Error message when you try to install WinXP SP3: "Access is denied" or
“Service Pack installation did not complete”
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

[Possible fix:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...n-windows-xp/]

The free unlimited installation and compatibility support for WinXP SP3 has
been extended (but certainly not indefinitely) beyond the original 14 April
2009 cut-off date. Open your browser to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3