Access 2007 will not open with double click after SP2

PDamon

Access 2007 will not open with double click after SP2
After installing Office 2007 SP2, MS Access will not open a shared DB that is
already open by using a double click (or right click>Open), however it will
open it if you start Access first, then drill to the DB in question. This
wasn't an issue previous to SP2. Double click works normally on a DB that’s
not already open or otherwise in use.

Anyone else seen this?

Thx

Re: Access 2007 will not open with double click after SP2
Why not ask in an Access-specific newsgroup?

PDamon wrote:
> After installing Office 2007 SP2, MS Access will not open a shared DB that
> is already open by using a double click (or right click>Open), however it
> will open it if you start Access first, then drill to the DB in question.
> This wasn't an issue previous to SP2. Double click works normally on a DB
> that’s not already open or otherwise in use.
>
> Anyone else seen this?
>
> Thx

PDamon

Re: Access 2007 will not open with double click after SP2
Primarily it was the only place I found anything related to Office 2007 SP2
problems when I searched MS Newgroups at the time; also, Office 2007 SP2 was
delivered via Windows Update...

Perhaps I'll post in the Access Group as well.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Why not ask in an Access-specific newsgroup?
>
> PDamon wrote:
> > After installing Office 2007 SP2, MS Access will not open a shared DB that
> > is already open by using a double click (or right click>Open), however it
> > will open it if you start Access first, then drill to the DB in question.
> > This wasn't an issue previous to SP2. Double click works normally on a DB
> > that’s not already open or otherwise in use.
> >
> > Anyone else seen this?
> >
> > Thx

Re: Access 2007 will not open with double click after SP2
The following may or may not be pertinent:

Some file formats are blocked after you apply 2007 Office Suite Service
Pack 2 or 2007 Office servers Service Pack 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968768

Access 2007 and Runtime SP2 now available
http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive...available.aspx

PDamon wrote:
> Primarily it was the only place I found anything related to Office 2007
> SP2
> problems when I searched MS Newgroups at the time; also, Office 2007 SP2
> was
> delivered via Windows Update...
>
> Perhaps I'll post in the Access Group as well.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Why not ask in an Access-specific newsgroup?
>>
>> PDamon wrote:
>>> After installing Office 2007 SP2, MS Access will not open a shared DB
>>> that
>>> is already open by using a double click (or right click>Open), however
>>> it
>>> will open it if you start Access first, then drill to the DB in
>>> question.
>>> This wasn't an issue previous to SP2. Double click works normally on a
>>> DB
>>> that’s not already open or otherwise in use.
>>>
>>> Anyone else seen this?
>>>
>>> Thx

PDamon

Re: Access 2007 will not open with double click after SP2
As it turns out, this ended up having less to do with Office 2007 SP2 and
more to do with (of all things) IE8, which I got during the same update
session. It appears that the IE8 install somehow whacked/reset my 'Local
intranet' and 'Trusted sites' info. Unchecking the 'Automatically detect
intranet network', saving, and rechecking seem to fix the issue. Weird eh?

Thanks for your help and the additional links as they may come in handy as
we move forward with SP2.

Paul

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> The following may or may not be pertinent:
>
> Some file formats are blocked after you apply 2007 Office Suite Service
> Pack 2 or 2007 Office servers Service Pack 2:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968768
>
> Access 2007 and Runtime SP2 now available
> http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive...available.aspx
>

> PDamon wrote:
> > Primarily it was the only place I found anything related to Office 2007
> > SP2
> > problems when I searched MS Newgroups at the time; also, Office 2007 SP2
> > was
> > delivered via Windows Update...
> >
> > Perhaps I'll post in the Access Group as well.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Why not ask in an Access-specific newsgroup?

Re: Access 2007 will not open with double click after SP2
Thanks for your feedback.

My colleagues have come to the conclusion that you do not want to install
anything else concurrent with installing Office 2007 SP2.

PS: Quite a bit of re-indexing takes place after rebooting during an install
of Office 2007 SP2. I'd leave such a machine up & running for several hours
(>12) and reboot once more before installing anything else.

PDamon wrote:
> As it turns out, this ended up having less to do with Office 2007 SP2 and
> more to do with (of all things) IE8, which I got during the same update
> session. It appears that the IE8 install somehow whacked/reset my 'Local
> intranet' and 'Trusted sites' info. Unchecking the 'Automatically detect
> intranet network', saving, and rechecking seem to fix the issue. Weird eh?
>
> Thanks for your help and the additional links as they may come in handy as
> we move forward with SP2.
>
> Paul
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The following may or may not be pertinent:
>>
>> Some file formats are blocked after you apply 2007 Office Suite Service
>> Pack 2 or 2007 Office servers Service Pack 2:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968768
>>
>> Access 2007 and Runtime SP2 now available
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive...available.aspx
>>

>> PDamon wrote:
>>> Primarily it was the only place I found anything related to Office 2007
>>> SP2
>>> problems when I searched MS Newgroups at the time; also, Office 2007 SP2
>>> was
>>> delivered via Windows Update...
>>>
>>> Perhaps I'll post in the Access Group as well.

Tony Toews [MVP]

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:

>My colleagues have come to the conclusion that you do not want to install
>anything else concurrent with installing Office 2007 SP2.
>
>PS: Quite a bit of re-indexing takes place after rebooting during an install
>of Office 2007 SP2. I'd leave such a machine up & running for several hours
>(>12) and reboot once more before installing anything else.

Judging by this thread I'm thinking waiting a week before doing any
other installs might be an idea to figure out what caused what.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP