IE 8

Kelly Reed

IE 8
Please remove IE 8 from Windows Update.
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: IE 8
Kelly Reed wrote:

> Please remove IE 8 from Windows Update.

We cannot remove IE8 from WU, sir.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Re: IE 8
Kelly Reed wrote:
> Please remove IE 8 from Windows Update.

Remove it yourself.

Stefan Kanthak

Re: IE 8
"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodirusso@xoom.it> wrote:

> Kelly Reed wrote:
>
>> Please remove IE 8 from Windows Update.

> We cannot remove IE8 from WU, sir.

...., but block it's download/installation on the clients!

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=21687628-5806-4ba6-9e4e-8e224ec6dd8c>

Stefan

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: IE 8

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f036d6af?hl=en

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Stefan Kanthak

Re: IE 8
"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodirusso@xoom.it> wrote:

> Stefan Kanthak wrote:

>>> We cannot remove IE8 from WU, sir.

>> ..., but block it's download/installation on the clients!
>>
>> <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=21687628-5806-4ba6-9e4e-8e224ec6dd8c>
>>
>> Stefan

> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f036d6af?hl=en

Sorry for assuming you were able to read the section overwritten "Note:"
on the page I linked.

Stefan

Re: IE 8
Please learn how to configure Automatic Updates such that you can CHOOSE
which updates are downloaded/installed.

Automatic Updates in Vista
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow...dowsvista.mspx

How to configure and use Automatic Updates in WinXP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525

Kelly Reed wrote:
> Please remove IE 8 from Windows Update.

JBJewitt

Re: IE 8
On May 1, 12:18*pm, "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" <enzodiru...@xoom.it>
wrote:
> Stefan Kanthak wrote:

> >> We cannot remove IE8 from WU, sir.

> > ..., but block it's download/installation on the clients!

> > <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=21687628-580...>

> > Stefan

> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...texplorer.gene...
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile:https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: *http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Kelly

It's just a matter of hiding the download/upgrade. Go to Windows
upgrade, click custom. When the IE8 download appears, click the box to
the left and then underneath there is another box to hide the upgrade.
It won't appear again until you hit "restore hidden files"
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: IE 8
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP] wrote:

> Stefan Kanthak wrote:

>>> We cannot remove IE8 from WU, sir.

>> ..., but block it's download/installation on the clients!
>>
>> <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=21687628-5806-4ba6-9e4e-8e224ec6dd8c>
>>
>> Stefan

> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f036d6af?hl=en

In addition:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...n-control.aspx

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Works with Hands

RE: IE 8
IE 8 is not for a lot of computers -- I have backtracekd to IE 7 again, but
am still unable to get into my yahoo e-mail on my better computer. Please do
not act hastily when releasing updates -- and please get IE 8 out of the
(automatic) Windows Update list.

How do I get it off the list of updates to install (if I click on the
updates icon -- it initiates installation -- no chance to choose which ones I
do or do NOT want to install)? Even tho' I UN-installed it -- it's back on
my updates and blocking me from other updates until I unwillingly install it.

Tell me what I need to search for on my hard drive to delete this recurring
'update'.

Thank you