Re: windows update error 80070424

donna

"getalexfr" wrote:

> hi, i'm sorry to join this thread but you seem to know what you're
> talking about and i've had no response to my own post in the vista
> section. I have the same error on a Vista machine. I had to turn off
> UAC to make regsrvr32 wuaueng.dll run, but it did (still error 80070424
> afterwards though..)
> Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL won't run -it says the module was loaded but the
> entry-point dllregisterserver was not found.
> BITS is also correctly configured. Any clues please? This has been
> bugging me for weeks now..

> getalexfr
> getalexfr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=30456
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=736326
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

enter your command from a command prompt started with administrative
priveleges and it will work Start , Accessories, Command Prompt, right click,
run as admin, then the command above

david_j

Re: windows update error 80070424
Sorry. I have tried all of this and nothing has helped. I have Vista 64.
Please provide some other suggestions. Thanks.
TaurArian

david_j wrote:
:: Sorry. I have tried all of this and nothing has helped. I have
:: Vista 64. Please provide some other suggestions. Thanks.

david, you have responded to a post that was started in 2007 !
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...&lang=en&cr=US

As you've tried everything in the thread relating to your mystery operating
system, can only suggest you contact MS -

How to obtain assistance from MS Support

Support for Windows Update:

site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Om Prakash

Re: windows update error 80070424
I also have vista 64 ultimate, i have tried most of the solution provided on
diffrent forum as well from microsoft support. but still not able to fix
this. microsoft support sugessted me to re-install the vista, but i system
have lot of other software running so i am not re-installing.

Please help me for Vista 64 ultimate.

Thanks,
Om Prakash

"david_j" wrote:

> Sorry. I have tried all of this and nothing has helped. I have Vista 64.
> Please provide some other suggestions. Thanks.

christhecroc

Re: windows update error 80070424

i couldn't find it there, but when i did find it nothing worked. what
excatly do i have to type in?

"donna" wrote:

> "getalexfr" wrote:
>

> > hi, i'm sorry to join this thread but you seem to know what you're
> > talking about and i've had no response to my own post in the vista
> > section. I have the same error on a Vista machine. I had to turn off
> > UAC to make regsrvr32 wuaueng.dll run, but it did (still error 80070424
> > afterwards though..)
> > Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL won't run -it says the module was loaded but the
> > entry-point dllregisterserver was not found.
> > BITS is also correctly configured. Any clues please? This has been
> > bugging me for weeks now..
> >

> > --
> > getalexfr
> > getalexfr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=30456
> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=736326
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in
> >

> enter your command from a command prompt started with administrative
> priveleges and it will work Start , Accessories, Command Prompt, right click,
> run as admin, then the command above

Gabriel

Re: windows update error 80070424
I have the same problem and nothing seems to work.
Is there any other way to solve it?

"donna" wrote:

> "getalexfr" wrote:
>

> > hi, i'm sorry to join this thread but you seem to know what you're
> > talking about and i've had no response to my own post in the vista
> > section. I have the same error on a Vista machine. I had to turn off
> > UAC to make regsrvr32 wuaueng.dll run, but it did (still error 80070424
> > afterwards though..)
> > Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL won't run -it says the module was loaded but the
> > entry-point dllregisterserver was not found.
> > BITS is also correctly configured. Any clues please? This has been
> > bugging me for weeks now..
> >

> > --
> > getalexfr
> > getalexfr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=30456
> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=736326
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in
> >

> enter your command from a command prompt started with administrative
> priveleges and it will work Start , Accessories, Command Prompt, right click,
> run as admin, then the command above

mirza

Re: windows update error 80070424
Yes same probs for me, have Vista home premium and 64 bit, lemme know of any
solutions,plz

"donna" wrote:

> "getalexfr" wrote:
>

> > hi, i'm sorry to join this thread but you seem to know what you're
> > talking about and i've had no response to my own post in the vista
> > section. I have the same error on a Vista machine. I had to turn off
> > UAC to make regsrvr32 wuaueng.dll run, but it did (still error 80070424
> > afterwards though..)
> > Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL won't run -it says the module was loaded but the
> > entry-point dllregisterserver was not found.
> > BITS is also correctly configured. Any clues please? This has been
> > bugging me for weeks now..
> >

> > --
> > getalexfr
> > getalexfr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=30456
> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=736326
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in
> >

> enter your command from a command prompt started with administrative
> priveleges and it will work Start , Accessories, Command Prompt, right click,
> run as admin, then the command above

Maureen

Re: windows update error 80070424

Hi I have done the **Start , Accessories, Command Prompt, right click,
> run as admin, then the command above***... but at the command prompt I right click and see nothing that says run as admin. So I put the command in after the flashing cursor and I get this error message ***The module "wuaueng.dll was loaded but the call DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005***

I just don't get it I guess. Help anyone? I am running Vista.

"donna" wrote:

> "getalexfr" wrote:
>

> > hi, i'm sorry to join this thread but you seem to know what you're
> > talking about and i've had no response to my own post in the vista
> > section. I have the same error on a Vista machine. I had to turn off
> > UAC to make regsrvr32 wuaueng.dll run, but it did (still error 80070424
> > afterwards though..)
> > Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL won't run -it says the module was loaded but the
> > entry-point dllregisterserver was not found.
> > BITS is also correctly configured. Any clues please? This has been
> > bugging me for weeks now..
> >

> > --
> > getalexfr
> > getalexfr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=30456
> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=736326
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in
> >

> enter your command from a command prompt started with administrative
> priveleges and it will work Start , Accessories, Command Prompt, right click,
> run as admin, then the command above

Michael

Re: windows update error 80070424
Another techarena moron replying to a post started in APRIL 2007!

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.