Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Redirected to Google everytime I try to visit windows update?

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2009
MartininOz
 

Posts: n/a
Redirected to Google everytime I try to visit windows update?
I have re-installed xp on my laptop from the original sony disks, I cannot
access windows update, the address bar indicates the correct windows site,
but the page shows google. Any Ideas.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2009
Ǝиçεl
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Redirected to Google everytime I try to visit windows update?

Perhaps you have a virus, one possibility:-
<http://www.secureworks.com/research/threats/downadup-removal/>
Downadup/Conficker Worm Removal
-=-

You may need to use an alternative scanner - such as an online scanner -
<http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/>

-OR-

<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
-=-
Others have used SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) and/or Malwarebytes Antimalware
(MBAM).

There is a free version (on demand scanning only)
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>

Also free, Malwarebytes Antimalware <http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
-=-

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>
-=-


Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains


I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck


Ǝиçεl
-=-

"MartininOz" wrote:

> I have re-installed xp on my laptop from the original sony disks, I cannot
> access windows update, the address bar indicates the correct windows site,
> but the page shows google. Any Ideas.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2009
Microsoft
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Redirected to Google everytime I try to visit windows update?
Check your DNS settings. I just fixed a computer where, even after I had
cleaned off all the viruses, it still would exhibit this same symptom. I
discovered that the DNS entries had been changed to something starting with
85.

"???l" <l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E1DB89E1-ECA8-4E01-964F-BB3FA86F26D7@microsoft.com...
>
> Perhaps you have a virus, one possibility:-
> <http://www.secureworks.com/research/threats/downadup-removal/>
> Downadup/Conficker Worm Removal
> -=-
>
> You may need to use an alternative scanner - such as an online scanner -
> <http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/>
>
> -OR-
>
> <http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
> -=-
> Others have used SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) and/or Malwarebytes Antimalware
> (MBAM).
>
> There is a free version (on demand scanning only)
> <http://www.superantispyware.com/>
>
> Also free, Malwarebytes Antimalware <http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
> -=-
>
> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>
> -=-
>
>
> Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the p?oblem remains
>
>
> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ut.
>
> Good luck
>
>
> ???l
> -=-
>
> "MartininOz" wrote:
>
>> I have re-installed xp on my laptop from the original sony disks, I
>> cannot
>> access windows update, the address bar indicates the correct windows
>> site,
>> but the page shows google. Any Ideas.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Redirected to Google everytime I try to visit windows update?
Your computer is still infected or had been reinfected with hijackware.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002

MartininOz wrote:
> I have re-installed xp on my laptop from the original sony disks, I cannot
> access windows update, the address bar indicates the correct windows site,
> but the page shows google. Any Ideas.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2009
MartininOz
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Redirected to Google everytime I try to visit windows update?
I have found Trojan Vundoo, trend micro says its gone, but I still cannot
access windows update? I have re-installed windows from scratch and I have
reformatted my hard drive, time to go outside and bang my head against the
wall??

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

>
> Perhaps you have a virus, one possibility:-
> <http://www.secureworks.com/research/threats/downadup-removal/>
> Downadup/Conficker Worm Removal
> -=-
>
> You may need to use an alternative scanner - such as an online scanner -
> <http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/>
>
> -OR-
>
> <http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
> -=-
> Others have used SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS) and/or Malwarebytes Antimalware
> (MBAM).
>
> There is a free version (on demand scanning only)
> <http://www.superantispyware.com/>
>
> Also free, Malwarebytes Antimalware <http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
> -=-
>
> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>
> -=-
>
>
> Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains
>
>
> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Good luck
>
>
> Ǝиçεl
> -=-
>
> "MartininOz" wrote:
>
> > I have re-installed xp on my laptop from the original sony disks, I cannot
> > access windows update, the address bar indicates the correct windows site,
> > but the page shows google. Any Ideas.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2009
MartininOz
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Redirected to Google everytime I try to visit windows update?
Trojan Vundoo has been found and apparently deleted, but still no access to
windows update, keeps redirecting me to google.>?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Your computer is still infected or had been reinfected with hijackware.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
> MartininOz wrote:
> > I have re-installed xp on my laptop from the original sony disks, I cannot
> > access windows update, the address bar indicates the correct windows site,
> > but the page shows google. Any Ideas.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Redirected to Google everytime I try to visit windows update?
I will assume you formatted and THEN reinstalled Windows from scratch.

In most cases, a clean install will resolve hijackware infections. However:

1. If there is another computer on the local network and it's infected, the
"clean install" computer WILL be reinfected within seconds of being
connected to the network. If this is the case, all computers must be
disconnected & cleaned *and the router must be either Reset or reinstalled*
before connecting all machines to the network again.

2. Even if the computer if not networked, the router should be Reset and
Reinstalled as a general precaution.

3. Any of your previously-used USB keys could be infected. If so, inserting
such a USB key into a "clean install" computer can reinfect it within
seconds.

===============

Backup your personal data, then do another format & clean install of
Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT
fix this!

After the clean install, you'll have the equivalent of a "new computer" so
take care of everything on the following page before otherwise connecting
the machine to the internet or a network/router and before using a USB key
that isn't brand-new or hasn't been freshly formatted:

5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx

Also see:

Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...e/prevent.mspx

Rogue Security Software - Microsoft Security:
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...ses/rogue.mspx
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


MartininOz wrote:
> Trojan Vundoo has been found and apparently deleted, but still no access
> to
> windows update, keeps redirecting me to google.>?

<paste>
> I have re-installed windows from scratch and I have
> reformatted my hard drive

</paste>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Your computer is still infected or had been reinfected with hijackware.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>
>> MartininOz wrote:
>>> I have re-installed xp on my laptop from the original sony disks, I
>>> cannot
>>> access windows update, the address bar indicates the correct windows
>>> site,
>>> but the page shows google. Any Ideas.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2009
MartininOz
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Redirected to Google everytime I try to visit windows update?
Thankyou for you help, after resetting the router, the problem has been fixed.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> I will assume you formatted and THEN reinstalled Windows from scratch.
>
> In most cases, a clean install will resolve hijackware infections. However:
>
> 1. If there is another computer on the local network and it's infected, the
> "clean install" computer WILL be reinfected within seconds of being
> connected to the network. If this is the case, all computers must be
> disconnected & cleaned *and the router must be either Reset or reinstalled*
> before connecting all machines to the network again.
>
> 2. Even if the computer if not networked, the router should be Reset and
> Reinstalled as a general precaution.
>
> 3. Any of your previously-used USB keys could be infected. If so, inserting
> such a USB key into a "clean install" computer can reinfect it within
> seconds.
>
> ===============
>
> Backup your personal data, then do another format & clean install of
> Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT
> fix this!
>
> After the clean install, you'll have the equivalent of a "new computer" so
> take care of everything on the following page before otherwise connecting
> the machine to the internet or a network/router and before using a USB key
> that isn't brand-new or hasn't been freshly formatted:
>
> 5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx
>
> Also see:
>
> Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...e/prevent.mspx
>
> Rogue Security Software - Microsoft Security:
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...ses/rogue.mspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
>
> MartininOz wrote:
> > Trojan Vundoo has been found and apparently deleted, but still no access
> > to
> > windows update, keeps redirecting me to google.>?

> <paste>
> > I have re-installed windows from scratch and I have
> > reformatted my hard drive

> </paste>
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Your computer is still infected or had been reinfected with hijackware.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> >>
> >> MartininOz wrote:
> >>> I have re-installed xp on my laptop from the original sony disks, I
> >>> cannot
> >>> access windows update, the address bar indicates the correct windows
> >>> site,
> >>> but the page shows google. Any Ideas.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2009
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Redirected to Google everytime I try to visit windows update?
You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.

MartininOz wrote:
> Thankyou for you help, after resetting the router, the problem has been
> fixed.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I will assume you formatted and THEN reinstalled Windows from scratch.
>>
>> In most cases, a clean install will resolve hijackware infections.
>> However:
>>
>> 1. If there is another computer on the local network and it's infected,
>> the
>> "clean install" computer WILL be reinfected within seconds of being
>> connected to the network. If this is the case, all computers must be
>> disconnected & cleaned *and the router must be either Reset or
>> reinstalled*
>> before connecting all machines to the network again.
>>
>> 2. Even if the computer if not networked, the router should be Reset and
>> Reinstalled as a general precaution.
>>
>> 3. Any of your previously-used USB keys could be infected. If so,
>> inserting such a USB key into a "clean install" computer can reinfect it
>> within seconds.
>>
>> ===============
>>
>> Backup your personal data, then do another format & clean install of
>> Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will
>> NOT
>> fix this!
>>
>> After the clean install, you'll have the equivalent of a "new computer"
>> so
>> take care of everything on the following page before otherwise connecting
>> the machine to the internet or a network/router and before using a USB
>> key
>> that isn't brand-new or hasn't been freshly formatted:
>>
>> 5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx
>>
>> Also see:
>>
>> Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...e/prevent.mspx
>>
>> Rogue Security Software - Microsoft Security:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...ses/rogue.mspx
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>
>>
>> MartininOz wrote:
>>> Trojan Vundoo has been found and apparently deleted, but still no access
>>> to
>>> windows update, keeps redirecting me to google.>?

>> <paste>
>>> I have re-installed windows from scratch and I have
>>> reformatted my hard drive

>> </paste>
>>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>>
>>>> Your computer is still infected or had been reinfected with hijackware.
>>>> --
>>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>>>
>>>> MartininOz wrote:
>>>>> I have re-installed xp on my laptop from the original sony disks, I
>>>>> cannot
>>>>> access windows update, the address bar indicates the correct windows
>>>>> site,
>>>>> but the page shows google. Any Ideas.


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2009
poordon70
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Redirected to Google everytime I try to visit windows update?

Hi I had the same trouble ..windows update would only show GOOGAL
I had a infection maleware .on my pc ..I downloaded MALWAREBYTES
anti malware installed updated it & scanned my pc ,it showed lots of
infections which I cleaned ,re booted and tried windows updates which
have gone back to normal alls ok now
,[my avg diddnt find the malware]
poordon..


--
poordon70
------------------------------------------------------------------------
poordon70's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/97750.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1171072.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Update Error on XP 64bit: update is redirected from v6 to JP microsoft.public.windowsupdate 43 08-04-2009 23:35
windows update gets redirected to google english poppy36 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 7 04-24-2009 19:37
windows update is redirected to google - can't fix Tom Tuke microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 02-07-2009 16:35
Windows Update being redirected to MSN ceckard microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 06-19-2008 08:19
Windows Update fails everytime in Vista elmomeo microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 06-06-2008 12:28




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:47.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120