Office 2007 SP2 update error

22Pom

Office 2007 SP2 update error
Hi All,

I have tried 4 times to get this update installed and each time It fails
with the error code 80246002.

What is annoying me is that each time I try the download eats ito my monthly
download rate from my ISP together with the time involved in doing the
operation.

Also the updates offered by Microsoft surely are designed to fix errors and
security concerns within a program not create more errors.

Best Rgds,
22Pom

Re: Office 2007 SP2 update error
How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498

22Pom wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have tried 4 times to get this update installed and each time It fails
> with the error code 80246002.
>
> What is annoying me is that each time I try the download eats ito my
> monthly
> download rate from my ISP together with the time involved in doing the
> operation.
>
> Also the updates offered by Microsoft surely are designed to fix errors
> and
> security concerns within a program not create more errors.
>
> Best Rgds,
> 22Pom

22Pom

Re: Office 2007 SP2 update error
Hi PA Bear,

Went there but it only applies to versions up to 2003. I played around for
a bit and got across to Office On-Line but that had nothing about Service
Pack 2 (SP2), most strange.

I think the best thing at this stage is to leave it for a while and see what
happens although it does concern me that this download is meant to be
"Important" rather than reccomended.

Best Rgds
22Pom

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation...
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> 22Pom wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have tried 4 times to get this update installed and each time It fails
> > with the error code 80246002.
> >
> > What is annoying me is that each time I try the download eats ito my
> > monthly
> > download rate from my ISP together with the time involved in doing the
> > operation.
> >
> > Also the updates offered by Microsoft surely are designed to fix errors
> > and
> > security concerns within a program not create more errors.
> >
> > Best Rgds,
> > 22Pom

Re: Office 2007 SP2 update error
Try inserting your Office 2007 CD into the appropriate drive bay before
attempting to install SP2 again.

Or try installing it manually:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-9db49b4ab6e5

22Pom wrote:
> Hi PA Bear,
>
> Went there but it only applies to versions up to 2003. I played around
> for
> a bit and got across to Office On-Line but that had nothing about Service
> Pack 2 (SP2), most strange.
>
> I think the best thing at this stage is to leave it for a while and see
> what
> happens although it does concern me that this download is meant to be
> "Important" rather than reccomended.
>
> Best Rgds
> 22Pom
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation...
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>
>> 22Pom wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have tried 4 times to get this update installed and each time It fails
>>> with the error code 80246002.
>>>
>>> What is annoying me is that each time I try the download eats ito my
>>> monthly
>>> download rate from my ISP together with the time involved in doing the
>>> operation.
>>>
>>> Also the updates offered by Microsoft surely are designed to fix errors
>>> and
>>> security concerns within a program not create more errors.
>>>
>>> Best Rgds,
>>> 22Pom

TaurArian

RE: Office 2007 SP2 update error
You receive a "0x80246002" error code when you use the Windows Update or
Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958056

Personally with Service Packs, I prefer to download and manually install -
less problems.