Error number: 0x80070422. Serevice not running, but it does!

feurio

Error number: 0x80070422. Serevice not running, but it does!
Here's the message I'm getting:

The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows
services is not running:

a.. Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install
high-priority updates for your computer)
b.. Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates
download more quickly and without problems if the download process is
interrupted)
c.. Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with
troubleshooting, if needed)
I restarted the service a couple of times. Tried it with AVAST
On-Access Scaner on and off but this did not make any difference.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

Re: Error number: 0x80070422. Serevice not running, but it does!
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

NB: If you have no anti-virus application installed or the subscription has
expired and/or the machine's not been kept fully-patched at Windows Update,
don't waste your time with any of the below: Format & reinstall Windows. A
Repair Install will NOT help!.

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

feurio wrote:
> Here's the message I'm getting:
>
> The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows
> services is not running:
>
> a.. Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and
> install
> high-priority updates for your computer)
> b.. Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates
> download more quickly and without problems if the download process is
> interrupted)
> c.. Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with
> troubleshooting, if needed)
> I restarted the service a couple of times. Tried it with AVAST
> On-Access Scaner on and off but this did not make any difference.
>
> Please help. Thank you in advance.

Ǝиçεl

RE: Error number: 0x80070422. Serevice not running, but it does!
Hello "feurio",

Worth a shot:

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958043>
-=-

Ǝиçεl

"feurio" wrote:

> Here's the message I'm getting:
>
> The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows
> services is not running:
>
> a.. Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install
> high-priority updates for your computer)
> b.. Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates
> download more quickly and without problems if the download process is
> interrupted)
> c.. Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with
> troubleshooting, if needed)
> I restarted the service a couple of times. Tried it with AVAST
> On-Access Scaner on and off but this did not make any difference.
>
> Please help. Thank you in advance.

feurio

Re: Error number: 0x80070422. Serevice not running, but it does!
Man, that worked great. Thanks a bunch!!!. You had a better advice than the
resident exsperts.

feurio

Re: Error number: 0x80070422. Serevice not running, but it does!
Thank you for the info. Luckily, I didn't have to re-install anything. I
just followed the advice of the other poster and it worked perfectly.

May we assume you're referring to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958043 ?

feurio wrote:
> Man, that worked great. Thanks a bunch!!!. You had a better advice than
> the
> resident exsperts.

feurio

Re: Error number: 0x80070422. Serevice not running, but it does!
Yes, that was the reference.

> May we assume you're referring to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958043 ?
>
> feurio wrote:
>> Man, that worked great. Thanks a bunch!!!. You had a better advice than
>> the
>> resident exsperts.

Ǝиçεl

Re: Error number: 0x80070422. Serevice not running, but it does!
Hi feurio,

Thanks for posting back.

That's always a nice gesture when we get back a post indicating if the
suggestions were helpful or not.

Ǝиçel
-=-