Error code 80244019

claire1976

Error code 80244019
Hi ive had this problem for a few days, even done restore with backup discs,
but problem remains, i cannot do windows updates at all i keep getting error
code 80244019... also i cannot update my virus software and install new
programmes .. any help much appreciated. thanks in advance.
Ǝиçεl

RE: Error code 80244019
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; WinXP SP3)
when posting to this newsgroup.

-=-

"claire1976" wrote:

> Hi ive had this problem for a few days, even done restore with backup discs,
> but problem remains, i cannot do windows updates at all i keep getting error
> code 80244019... also i cannot update my virus software and install new
> programmes .. any help much appreciated. thanks in advance.

claire1976

RE: Error code 80244019
Vista home edition premium
version 6.0 (build 6001 service pack 1)

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; WinXP SP3)
> when posting to this newsgroup.
>
> -=-
>

> "claire1976" wrote:
>
> > Hi ive had this problem for a few days, even done restore with backup discs,
> > but problem remains, i cannot do windows updates at all i keep getting error
> > code 80244019... also i cannot update my virus software and install new
> > programmes .. any help much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Ǝиçεl

RE: Error code 80244019
Hello Claire,

Copied яesponse from Robert Aldwinckle

From your sketchy details the only thing I can suggest
is that you use the search tool your web interface to
newsgroups provides and look for related discussions
about the code you mentioned in your Subject.

Search for both 80244019 and 0x80244019.
I.e., your code both with and with the 0x prefix
which indicates that the string is a hexadecimal value.

Hmm... well the performance of the web interface search
is really bad these days. E.g., looks like we have to keep
repeating it a few times before it gets enough cycles
to give a answer back. YMMV.

BTW normally you can't depend on the Answered Questions
or Helpful Answers filters because frequently useful
answers are never acknowledged or voted on.

In this case, it appears you may be lucky on that score.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Scan your computer now online and clean it for free!
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
-=-

It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately
damaged by a trojan (Vundo, along any uninvited guests. (SDBot and ZLOB, all
protected by a rootkit.)) so as to prevent you updating your system or
removing the trojan.

A very good antimalware app is SUPERAntiSpyware. There is a free version
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>

Please follow the above sugestions

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"claire1976" wrote:

> Hi ive had this problem for a few days, even done restore with backup discs,
> but problem remains, i cannot do windows updates at all i keep getting error
> code 80244019... also i cannot update my virus software and install new
> programmes .. any help much appreciated. thanks in advance.

claire1976

RE: Error code 80244019
thanks for mailing me back, and for your suggestions, but i cant install,
download any new software aswell as i cant do my windows updates.

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Hello Claire,
>
> Copied яesponse from Robert Aldwinckle
>
> From your sketchy details the only thing I can suggest
> is that you use the search tool your web interface to
> newsgroups provides and look for related discussions
> about the code you mentioned in your Subject.
>
> Search for both 80244019 and 0x80244019.
> I.e., your code both with and with the 0x prefix
> which indicates that the string is a hexadecimal value.
>
> Hmm... well the performance of the web interface search
> is really bad these days. E.g., looks like we have to keep
> repeating it a few times before it gets enough cycles
> to give a answer back. YMMV.
>
> BTW normally you can't depend on the Answered Questions
> or Helpful Answers filters because frequently useful
> answers are never acknowledged or voted on.
>
> In this case, it appears you may be lucky on that score.
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>
> Scan your computer now online and clean it for free!
> <http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
> -=-
>

> It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately
> damaged by a trojan (Vundo, along any uninvited guests. (SDBot and ZLOB, all
> protected by a rootkit.)) so as to prevent you updating your system or
> removing the trojan.
>

> A very good antimalware app is SUPERAntiSpyware. There is a free version
> <http://www.superantispyware.com/>
>

> Please follow the above sugestions
>

> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Good luck
>

> Ǝиçεl
> -=-
>

> "claire1976" wrote:
>
> > Hi ive had this problem for a few days, even done restore with backup discs,
> > but problem remains, i cannot do windows updates at all i keep getting error
> > code 80244019... also i cannot update my virus software and install new
> > programmes .. any help much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Re: Error code 80244019
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the affects of a hijackware
infection.

2. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm