80070012 HP Photosmart C7200 series

Henk2304

80070012 HP Photosmart C7200 series
Hi,

I'm getting an error 80070012 while installing update:

"
Hewlett-Packard - Printers - HP Photosmart C7200 series
Hewlett-Packard Printers software update released in August, 2008
"

on Windows XP Home SP3.
I have installed the "same" update on 2 Vista laptops (Home and Home
Premium) without problems (there is a difference in size where as the XP
update is smaller than the Vista update). On those 2 systems it solved the
problem of not recognising the duplex unit in the HP Photosmart C7280 printer
although it is correctly set in the driver settings. This problem now still
exists on my XP desktop. Al my systems connect wirelessly to the printer.

What might be wrong on my XP system?

L8r, Henk

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: 80070012 HP Photosmart C7200 series
(cross-post added to XP Printing and Faxing)
"Henk2304" <Henk2304@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8C06A2A-B9B7-4C96-8F42-C274DB8557CA@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting an error 80070012 while installing update:

<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>set /a c =0x12
18
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

There are no more files.
</cmd_output>

I think you are going to need the context of this code in the install log. ; )

> "
> Hewlett-Packard - Printers - HP Photosmart C7200 series
> Hewlett-Packard Printers software update released in August, 2008
> "
>
> on Windows XP Home SP3.
> I have installed the "same" update on 2 Vista laptops (Home and Home
> Premium) without problems (there is a difference in size where as the XP
> update is smaller than the Vista update).

Also, you can now probably get some more clues by comparing
the two install logs. ; )

> On those 2 systems it solved the
> problem of not recognising the duplex unit in the HP Photosmart C7280 printer
> although it is correctly set in the driver settings. This problem now still
> exists on my XP desktop. Al my systems connect wirelessly to the printer.
>

> What might be wrong on my XP system?

As you point out the updates are different for the different OS.
Have you tried seeing if there is a better update from the manufacturer
specifically for XP which could be installed manually instead?

> L8r, Henk

Cross-posting to an XP NG which specializes in Printing in case someone
there has already run into your problem and wants to reply here.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: 80070012 HP Photosmart C7200 series
the error is No more files

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> (cross-post added to XP Printing and Faxing)
> "Henk2304" <Henk2304@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm getting an error 80070012 while installing update:

> <cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
> E:\>set /a c =0x12
> 18
> E:\>net helpmsg %c%
>
> There are no more files.
> </cmd_output>
>
> I think you are going to need the context of this code in the install log.
> ; )
>

>> "
>> Hewlett-Packard - Printers - HP Photosmart C7200 series
>> Hewlett-Packard Printers software update released in August, 2008
>> "
>>
>> on Windows XP Home SP3.
>> I have installed the "same" update on 2 Vista laptops (Home and Home
>> Premium) without problems (there is a difference in size where as the XP
>> update is smaller than the Vista update).

> Also, you can now probably get some more clues by comparing
> the two install logs. ; )
>

>> On those 2 systems it solved the
>> problem of not recognising the duplex unit in the HP Photosmart C7280
>> printer
>> although it is correctly set in the driver settings. This problem now
>> still
>> exists on my XP desktop. Al my systems connect wirelessly to the printer.
>>

>> What might be wrong on my XP system?

> As you point out the updates are different for the different OS.
> Have you tried seeing if there is a better update from the manufacturer
> specifically for XP which could be installed manually instead?
>

>> L8r, Henk
>>

> Cross-posting to an XP NG which specializes in Printing in case someone
> there has already run into your problem and wants to reply here.
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Jazz

Re: 80070012 HP Photosmart C7200 series
I just installed a C7280 HP all in one printer on my XP SP3 laptop
wirelessly. I also have installed another HP all in one printer on this same
laptop that I use wirelessly from another location. I never have any problems
with that all in one. Just this C7280. It constantly goes to offline.
Any ideas would be helpful!
Thanks,

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> the error is No more files
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message
> > (cross-post added to XP Printing and Faxing)
> > "Henk2304" <Henk2304@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm getting an error 80070012 while installing update:

> > <cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
> > E:\>set /a c =0x12
> > 18
> > E:\>net helpmsg %c%
> >
> > There are no more files.
> > </cmd_output>
> >
> > I think you are going to need the context of this code in the install log.
> > ; )
> >

> >> "
> >> Hewlett-Packard - Printers - HP Photosmart C7200 series
> >> Hewlett-Packard Printers software update released in August, 2008
> >> "
> >>
> >> on Windows XP Home SP3.
> >> I have installed the "same" update on 2 Vista laptops (Home and Home
> >> Premium) without problems (there is a difference in size where as the XP
> >> update is smaller than the Vista update).

> > Also, you can now probably get some more clues by comparing
> > the two install logs. ; )
> >

> >> On those 2 systems it solved the
> >> problem of not recognising the duplex unit in the HP Photosmart C7280
> >> printer
> >> although it is correctly set in the driver settings. This problem now
> >> still
> >> exists on my XP desktop. Al my systems connect wirelessly to the printer.
> >>

> >> What might be wrong on my XP system?

> > As you point out the updates are different for the different OS.
> > Have you tried seeing if there is a better update from the manufacturer
> > specifically for XP which could be installed manually instead?
> >

> >> L8r, Henk
> >>

> > Cross-posting to an XP NG which specializes in Printing in case someone
> > there has already run into your problem and wants to reply here.
> >

> > Good luck
> >
> > Robert Aldwinckle
> > ---

Bob Headrick [MVP]

"Jazz" <Jazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I just installed a C7280 HP all in one printer on my XP SP3 laptop
> wirelessly. I also have installed another HP all in one printer on this same
> laptop that I use wirelessly from another location. I never have any problems
> with that all in one. Just this C7280. It constantly goes to offline.

HP has released several updates in the last month or so. Download and
install the updates from HP here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... duct=3204785

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Jazz

Re: 80070012 HP Photosmart C7200 series
Hi Bob,
Thanks for your information. But this will not help since it cannot work on
anyone with a wireless connection. It has to be USB connected. And I am on a
wireless connection, which is obviously having the problem. If you have any
others ideas, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

newsE57482E-377B-4879-8A69-1FDCF414DC8E@microsoft.com:
> "Bob Headrick [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > "Jazz" <Jazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > I just installed a C7280 HP all in one printer on my XP SP3 laptop
> > > wirelessly. I also have installed another HP all in one printer on this same
> > > laptop that I use wirelessly from another location. I never have any problems
> > > with that all in one. Just this C7280. It constantly goes to offline.

> > HP has released several updates in the last month or so. Download and
> > install the updates from HP here:
> > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... duct=3204785

> Hi Bob,
> Thanks for your information. But this will not help since it cannot work on
> anyone with a wireless connection. It has to be USB connected. And I am on a
> wireless connection, which is obviously having the problem. If you have any
> others ideas, I would appreciate it.

At least two of the updates specify they work with USB or network. Have
you tried to install the three updates?

- Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Jazz

Re: 80070012 HP Photosmart C7200 series
Thank you so much. Those updates did it. Sorry that I did not see them before.

That is such a big help!