Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Removing Failed Entries Frim Review History

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2009
Tony of Dyker Beach
 

Posts: n/a
Removing Failed Entries Frim Review History
When I had several dropped connections while doing the April update.
This of course has resulted in failed installation entries.

How can I remove these entries from the installation history?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2009
ahmed hanafy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Removing Failed Entries Frim Review History


"Tony of Dyker Beach" wrote:

> When I had several dropped connections while doing the April update.
> This of course has resulted in failed installation entries.
>
> How can I remove these entries from the installation history?
>
> Thanks.
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2009
MowGreen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Removing Failed Entries Frim Review History
Tony,

One can delete the entire updating history but *not* delete individual
entries. Either ignore them or, stop the update service [the BITS
service needs to be stopped if it has started, too], show hidden files,
folders, and system files:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...ows-tut62.html

then navigate to WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
and delete DataStored.edb



MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============



Tony of Dyker Beach wrote:

> When I had several dropped connections while doing the April update.
> This of course has resulted in failed installation entries.
>
> How can I remove these entries from the installation history?
>
> Thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2009
Tony of Dyker Beach
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Removing Failed Entries Frim Review History
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:04:29 -0700, MowGreen <mowgreen@nowandzen.com>
wrote:

>Tony,
>
>One can delete the entire updating history but *not* delete individual
>entries. Either ignore them or, stop the update service [the BITS
>service needs to be stopped if it has started, too], show hidden files,
>folders, and system files:
>http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...ows-tut62.html
>
>then navigate to WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
>and delete DataStored.edb


Thanks MG. Just what I need.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2009
MowGreen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Removing Failed Entries Frim Review History
You're mowst welcome, Tony.


MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============


Tony of Dyker Beach wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:04:29 -0700, MowGreen <mowgreen@nowandzen.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>>Tony,
>>
>>One can delete the entire updating history but *not* delete individual
>>entries. Either ignore them or, stop the update service [the BITS
>>service needs to be stopped if it has started, too], show hidden files,
>>folders, and system files:
>>http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...ows-tut62.html
>>
>>then navigate to WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
>>and delete DataStored.edb

>
>
> Thanks MG. Just what I need.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Removing "failed" updates from update history list kb3jlc@comcast.net microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 01-07-2009 02:14
Removing Uninstalled Old Antivirus Entries Arun microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 07-05-2007 15:11
Removing Uninstalled Old Antivirus Entries Arun microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 07-05-2007 13:56
Removing records/history of deleted files Snow1947 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 06-29-2007 11:47
Removing Startup Entries Bill Eversole microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 06-07-2007 06:04




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:06.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120