my AVG says virus found in update and it wont stop trying to downl

awoods7657

my AVG says virus found in update and it wont stop trying to downl
The message from AVG WEBSHIELD says the site-
au.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload (and there was more) And it tries to
download it like every 5 minutes. The AVG is telling me not to download the
update because a virus has been found in it and it says the virus is
win32/PEPatch. It says the process is c:/windowssystem32/svchost.exe. If
the windows update has a virus then I will never be able to download it, but
how can I tell the automatic update to stop trying to download it? The
message pops up every few minutes and my internet(not sure if it's related)
has been VERY slow since this started a few days ago. Please help or I might
throw my pc out the window! lol
Thank you!

Re: my AVG says virus found in update and it wont stop trying to downl
AVG Free User Forums
http://freeforum.avg.com/

awoods7657 wrote:
> The message from AVG WEBSHIELD says the site-
> au.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload (and there was more) And it tries
> to download it like every 5 minutes. The AVG is telling me not to
> download
> the update because a virus has been found in it and it says the virus is
> win32/PEPatch. It says the process is c:/windowssystem32/svchost.exe. If
> the windows update has a virus then I will never be able to download it,
> but
> how can I tell the automatic update to stop trying to download it? The
> message pops up every few minutes and my internet(not sure if it's
> related)
> has been VERY slow since this started a few days ago. Please help or I
> might throw my pc out the window! lol
> Thank you!

Shenan Stanley

awoods7657 wrote:
> The message from AVG WEBSHIELD says the site-
> au.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload (and there was more) And
> it tries to download it like every 5 minutes. The AVG is telling
> me not to download the update because a virus has been found in it
> and it says the virus is win32/PEPatch. It says the process is
> c:/windowssystem32/svchost.exe. If the windows update has a virus
> then I will never be able to download it, but how can I tell the
> automatic update to stop trying to download it? The message pops
> up every few minutes and my internet(not sure if it's related) has
> been VERY slow since this started a few days ago. Please help or I
> might throw my pc out the window!

Please contact AVG. I believe they have free forums.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

awoods7657

RE: my AVG says virus found in update and it wont stop trying to downl
So so far the only answer is to contact AVG, but doesn't MICROSOFT want to
know why there is a virus in their update? Seems like someone should
investigate it at MS and give me an explanation. Thanks.

"awoods7657" wrote:

> The message from AVG WEBSHIELD says the site-
> au.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload (and there was more) And it tries to
> download it like every 5 minutes. The AVG is telling me not to download the
> update because a virus has been found in it and it says the virus is
> win32/PEPatch. It says the process is c:/windowssystem32/svchost.exe. If
> the windows update has a virus then I will never be able to download it, but
> how can I tell the automatic update to stop trying to download it? The
> message pops up every few minutes and my internet(not sure if it's related)
> has been VERY slow since this started a few days ago. Please help or I might
> throw my pc out the window! lol
> Thank you!

Shenan Stanley

awoods7657 wrote:
> So so far the only answer is to contact AVG, but doesn't MICROSOFT
> want to know why there is a virus in their update? Seems like
> someone should investigate it at MS and give me an explanation.

It's called a false positive.
It's what you are getting.
Contact AVG.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Re: my AVG says virus found in update and it wont stop trying to downl
You don't contact AVG for Windows Update questions, do you? So, you *start*
with AVG support to find out what's going on before you go any further.

Only they can tell you what's going on.

"awoods7657" <awoods7657@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: So so far the only answer is to contact AVG, but doesn't MICROSOFT want to
: know why there is a virus in their update? Seems like someone should
: investigate it at MS and give me an explanation. Thanks.
:
: