XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install

Needshelp

XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install
XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install and keeps on saying it wants to. I
have no idea how to check if it has installed. I live in England and i can no
way to get free help. I am very dyslexic, I have tried to make sense of other
posts but it is very confusing. I really need some very simple help
instructions or a phone number to call.i have been trying to sort this for
seven hours.
can anyone help me please.
--
I wish I was born Fifty years later.
Ottmar Freudenberger

RE: XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install
"Needshelp" wrote:

> XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install and keeps on saying it wants to. I
> have no idea how to check if it has installed.

See if http://google.com/groups?threadm=752...individual.net
helps.

Bye,
Freudi
tomunc

"Needshelp" wrote:

> XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install and keeps on saying it wants to. I
> have no idea how to check if it has installed. I live in England and i can no
> way to get free help. I am very dyslexic, I have tried to make sense of other
> posts but it is very confusing. I really need some very simple help
> instructions or a phone number to call.i have been trying to sort this for
> seven hours.
> can anyone help me please.
> --
> I wish I was born Fifty years later.

tomunc

RE: XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install
Click Tools then windows update then See update history
If really stuck call 0870 6010100 for phone help -free for update problems

"Needshelp" wrote:

> XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install and keeps on saying it wants to. I
> have no idea how to check if it has installed. I live in England and i can no
> way to get free help. I am very dyslexic, I have tried to make sense of other
> posts but it is very confusing. I really need some very simple help
> instructions or a phone number to call.i have been trying to sort this for
> seven hours.
> can anyone help me please.
> --
> I wish I was born Fifty years later.

Needshelp

RE: XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install
Thank you , I am not sure which tools to click but I have see a page that
says my download history and that the download "failed". I will try the
number during office hours .Thanks for now
--

"tomunc" wrote:

> Click Tools then windows update then See update history
> If really stuck call 0870 6010100 for phone help -free for update problems
>
> "Needshelp" wrote:
>
> > XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install and keeps on saying it wants to. I
> > have no idea how to check if it has installed. I live in England and i can no
> > way to get free help. I am very dyslexic, I have tried to make sense of other
> > posts but it is very confusing. I really need some very simple help
> > instructions or a phone number to call.i have been trying to sort this for
> > seven hours.
> > can anyone help me please.
> > --
> > I wish I was born Fifty years later.

Needshelp

RE: XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install
Thanks for replying, I have read the suggested and find it rather unclear but
I will get someone to read it and see if they can see were to go.Thanks
--

"Ottmar Freudenberger" wrote:

> "Needshelp" wrote:
>
> > XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install and keeps on saying it wants to. I
> > have no idea how to check if it has installed.

> See if http://google.com/groups?threadm=752...individual.net
> helps.
>
> Bye,
> Freudi

Needshelp

RE: XP sp3 update KB956572 will not install
I tried the number and was assisted . The update had been installed so
Praveen took over my comp. and fixed it by running a windows update batch
file .
It took about an hour. the phone bill will reflect the cost.
Thank you again.