error code 8024402C

Deano86

error code 8024402C
Hey, wondering if anyone can help me with a code 8024402C. I am running Vista
and get prompted that there are new updates available. i try and check for
downloads available using Windows Update, however get a code 8024402C.
I have tried the following:

0x8024402C or 0x8024502d error codes
To resolve these errors, remove characters from the proxy exception list,
and then clear the proxy cache. To do this, follow these steps:
Open Internet Explorer.
On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the Connections tab, click LAN Settings, and then click Advance.
Delete any entry in the Exceptions section.
Quit Internet Explorer.
Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
proxycfg -d
net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv

and...

Open your networkcenter and go to manage connections, go to your active
conection and go to properties. Go to TCP/ipv4 and to properties, now mark
ip- adres and dns-serveradres to automatic.

and...

Click to open Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools menu, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, and
then click LAN settings.

Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings
check box, and then click OK.

Any other suggestions.
Thanks Guys.

Re: error code 8024402C
This page has additional troubleshooting ideas (compared to KB900936' ignore
the Applie To section):
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...cleid=30&ln=en

However, you may be seeing the affects of a hijackware infection.

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!

2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

=====================

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Deano86 wrote:
> Hey, wondering if anyone can help me with a code 8024402C. I am running
> Vista and get prompted that there are new updates available. i try and
> check for downloads available using Windows Update, however get a code
> 8024402C.
> I have tried the following:
>
> 0x8024402C or 0x8024502d error codes
> To resolve these errors, remove characters from the proxy exception list,
> and then clear the proxy cache. To do this, follow these steps:
> Open Internet Explorer.
> On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
> Click the Connections tab, click LAN Settings, and then click Advance.
> Delete any entry in the Exceptions section.
> Quit Internet Explorer.
> Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
> Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
> proxycfg -d
> net stop wuauserv
> net start wuauserv
>
> and...
>

> Open your networkcenter and go to manage connections, go to your active
> conection and go to properties. Go to TCP/ipv4 and to properties, now mark
> ip- adres and dns-serveradres to automatic.
>
> and...
>
> Click to open Internet Explorer.
>
> Click the Tools menu, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab,
> and
> then click LAN settings.
>
> Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings
> check box, and then click OK.
>
> Any other suggestions.
> Thanks Guys.

MowGreen

Re: error code 8024402C
Suggest that the Hosts file, WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, also be
inspected for static IP addresses of Windows and Microsoft Update.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821

> 1. Right-click the Hosts file.
> 2. Click Open With, and then select Notepad from the list of programs.
>
> If the Hosts file contains a static IP address that is associated with Windows Update or with
> Microsoft Update, comment the entry by adding the # sign at the beginning of the entry. You can also
> delete the whole line and save changes to the Hosts file.
>
> Note Programs, such as Web accelerators, DNS accelerators, DNS caching utilities, and Spyblockers,
> can add static IP entries for the Windows Update Web site or for the Microsoft Update Web site to
> your Hosts file. This scenario can cause Windows Update or Microsoft Update to fail.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten